medical ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeanMom

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
can anyone recommend somewhere to get a good one of these? I bought a leather bracelet from Ice Gems in April and K has liked it but it already looks tatty and today it broke. I now find it is only guranteed for 3 months so there is no point me returning it!
We want a bracelet/wrist band but not all metal as K finds they catch in her clothes. She doesnt like to wear necklaces at all.
Has anyone bought ID that has lasted more than 6 months? 😡

Last edited:
My parents bought me a really pretty bracelet from Ice Gems last year and it's lasted really well 🙂

I have a bracelet from Ice Gems too and have had it for a couple of years now and it is fine, I don't wear it everyday though. Maybe the leather ones wear out quicker? Ice Gems seem to be the most modern/trendy of all the medical ID bracelets.

I use a stainless steel SOS talisman bracelet. They are meant to be waterproof but I've always found that water manages to seep in as I don't take it off at all for fear of forgetting to put it back on. It doesn't seem to spoil the writing though, you can still read it. Stainless steel is the most resilient but they're not terribly trendy!

And steel sets off security alarms in airports & courts etc.

i know you can get those coloured rubber braclets (like the charity ones) online will try and find the link foryou

Hmph. I had the leather one from Ice Gems too- it broke :( the magnet fell out.

Will check out the links, thanks too x

medical ID

Try www.laurenshope.com we have had one for 2 years and never any problems , you can send it back and they will add to it for a small fee. Downside is they are in the states but ship to you quickly 🙂

I have a stainless steel bracelet I bought in a local pharmacy. It never comes off my wrist. I also have a pendent from the medic alert people which I take off at bed time. As an aid to remembering to put it back on I leave it with my watch and staff pass for work so all of my morning essentials are in one place.

Thanks for all the links - Ive ordered a couple of silicon ones as they are so cheap and K can wear them for swimming at school (i hope). Will probably have to get another Ice gem one (different style) for 'best' 🙄

I just carry a wee card thats in my wallet, its only been there for a few months................will probably never be used........

Kids dont really carry wallets 😉

K has to have a iD for school - they can 'flash' it go to the front of the lunch queue if they need to 😱

Kids dont really carry wallets 😉

K has to have a iD for school - they can 'flash' it go to the front of the lunch queue if they need to 😱

Useful..........i would be flashing it every day.........😛

Try www.laurenshope.com we have had one for 2 years and never any problems , you can send it back and they will add to it for a small fee. Downside is they are in the states but ship to you quickly 🙂

Great link with some really cool stuff Mel! I know what I'm getting for my birthday now. :D

Hello 🙂 I'm Mel from Wowbands, I have permission to reply to medic alert ID queries on the diabetes uk fb page, so I hope its ok to do the same here....apologies if not. someone has already posted our ebay link above (thanks) but I thought I would tell you abit more about our products. We sell silicone diabetic medic alert wristbands, funky and affordable at only ?2.99 plus 90p postage. We also do badges, single use bands and will be adding car stickers to the range soon. We are a very small business, priding ourselves on exceptional customer service. Please feel free to email me or visit wowbands facebook page www.facebook.com/wowbands xx Mel. P.s I have also included our ebay site link again http://shop.ebay.co.uk/pootle100/m.html

Hello 🙂 I'm Mel from Wowbands, I have permission to reply to medic alert ID queries on the diabetes uk fb page, so I hope its ok to do the same here....apologies if not. someone has already posted our ebay link above (thanks) but I thought I would tell you abit more about our products. We sell silicone diabetic medic alert wristbands, funky and affordable at only ?2.99 plus 90p postage. We also do badges, single use bands and will be adding car stickers to the range soon. We are a very small business, priding ourselves on exceptional customer service. Please feel free to email me or visit wowbands facebook page www.facebook.com/wowbands xx Mel. P.s I have also included our ebay site link again http://shop.ebay.co.uk/pootle100/m.html

Hi Mel, we don't normally allow advertising on the forum, but since this is in response to an enquiry and is relevant I will allow this on this occasion. Good luck with your business 🙂

Can I just add that Medi Alert are brill for all kinds of id bands/necklaces/bracelets and they have a 24 hour number that paramedics /hopitals etc can call to see what meds you are on
IF you are on benifits you get the item for free. This is how I got mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back