Medical Exemption Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive not got a Medical Exemption Card :( I just tick the box on the back of my script and thats it , I always go to the same pharmacy and as they know me they have never asked for one . where do I get a form for one ?

To apply for a medical exemption certificate ask your doctor for Form FP92A. Your GP, hospital or service doctor will sign the form to confirm your statement.
The certificate will start one month before the date that the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) receives the application form. Your exemption certificate will be posted to you. Medical exemption certificates normally last for five years and then need to be renewed. You may receive a reminder that your certificate needs to be renewed, but if not, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is renewed.

You can also get one if you are taking thyroid medication which is a fairly common condition in diabetics. I think you can get a form from your pharmacy too - certainly the form to reclaim the last three month's costs.

You can send for both online: http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HealthCosts/2123.aspx

To apply for a medical exemption certificate ask your doctor for Form FP92A. Your GP, hospital or service doctor will sign the form to confirm your statement.
The certificate will start one month before the date that the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) receives the application form. Your exemption certificate will be posted to you. Medical exemption certificates normally last for five years and then need to be renewed. You may receive a reminder that your certificate needs to be renewed, but if not, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is renewed.

Thanks Steff , phew I bet that took a while to type out lol :D😱

Hi for the past 2 years I have had an exemtion certificate as we are on a low income and receive 'Tax Credits' so have to show the bit of paper every time I pick up repeats at chemist and covers both me and hubby (but he doesnt have any medication).

This post has just reminded me that our certificate is due for renewal end of next month (August) and I was wondering if it was better for me to get an exemption certificate from Drs as take Metformin for Type 2 or just complete the renewal exam paper for the 'tax credits' general one? Are there any other advantages on either?

Thanks 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back