Medical device alert: Accu-Chek® Insight insulin pump system

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Which we've never managed to do - because my hubby is a stickler for always having the latest version of Windows and Roche always seem to be playing catch up, we've never had a copy of the PC software which actually works on whatever Windows version we have! Ditto the maximum bolus size - 12 units on my daughter's pump, which was obviously changed from the default 25 by someone because she was only 6 years old when she got the pump. Which is just about ok now, but only just, we have had a couple of occasions when we had to do two boluses instead of one, because it was more than 12 units. So will have to make sure that whatever pump we have next has the max bolus set a little higher!

Could you ask at your next consultant/ DSN appointment for them to change the levels. They set up a few things at the start for me and I guess they will have access to 'hidden' settings. I realise that you are about to change pumps so this idea may be a bit late.

There are a few things 'hidden' on the Combo that aren't on the Insight - provided of course that you still have W7 to enable the software !

I deliberately haven't changed mine for that reason, but in any event W10 tells me the Graphics card in the PC won't support it - might only be a new driver, but there again might not - so no rush as far as I'm concerned. I don't WANT programs to be renamed Apps thank you!

Could you ask at your next consultant/ DSN appointment for them to change the levels. They set up a few things at the start for me and I guess they will have access to 'hidden' settings. I realise that you are about to change pumps so this idea may be a bit late.
Oh that would have been a good idea wouldn't it, I never thought of that 😳
Thanks for the idea, but as you say probably a bit late now! 🙄

W10 tells me the Graphics card in the PC won't support it - might only be a new driver, but there again might not - so no rush as far as I'm concerned. I don't WANT programs to be renamed Apps thank you!

That's odd. I have W10 and have no problems with the Roche 360 s/w - very useful for adjusting basals in combination with the Libre reports. I agree with you about programs becoming apps - or rather some programs becoming apps and the rest staying as programs. All very confusing.

That's odd. I have W10 and have no problems with the Roche 360 s/w - very useful for adjusting basals in combination with the Libre reports. I agree with you about programs becoming apps - or rather some programs becoming apps and the rest staying as programs. All very confusing.
That surprises me - when I used the 360 software I had to use it on my old desktop running XP, in no small part due to the fact that the infrared reader had a serial port connection which my laptop lacked! I presume it's USB now? Meter companies do seem to lag a long way behind when upgrading their software to new O/S.

The Insight is USB but the Combo (and I therefore suppose the Expert meter when it isn't a 'handset' for the pump?) is still infra-red. However the infra-red doings, plugs into a USB port.

No idea how you use it on W10 - last year (having upgraded the software for the Insight) when W10 arrived 'all over' I rang Roche and asked them if there was a new version to download if I upgraded to W10, the answer was No but said they hoped it would be ready sometime next year, which is obviously now this year. I haven't enquired about it since - but the box the CDs come in and the book, all say W7. Mine came last May just after I got the Insight pump. Perhaps someone who has had it recently could read their box and see what it now says?

I don't really remember the transition from W8.1 to W10, let alone from W7 to W8, but to the best of my recollection I didn't reinstall the program. According to the 'properties' menu for the program it was installed on my machine in October 2014, and apparently is not running in compatibility mode (i.e. it seems to be running in 'native' W10 - don't ask me!). You could try using compatibility mode to run it as a W7 program - right click on the icon on the desktop or from the 'properties' menu.

Yes, Northie, the ir reader now has a USB plug.

As usual, the normal caveat applies. If it messes up on your computer, don't blame me!

We were on XP until it disappeared and never went to W8 at all, because we always wait when updates occur, for the glitches to be ironed out. (as reported from various sources, quite a few of them programmers we know personally and whom we trust) Pete tried it on his lappy but could never get Office to work after that so we reverted to 7 until 10 was released. Once we are pretty confident they have got rid of the glitches AND that it will improve our lives (LOL) then we have done previously.

10 won't download on this PC anyway - graphics card not up to it as I've mentioned previously.

Meanwhile W7 continues to work absolutely fine for me! - and if it ain't broke ........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back