medi-tag watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypauly

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As a type 1 I should be carrying something to let people know I'm a diabetic, I have been given a card. Problem is I never use a wallet and don't wear jewlery. But the possibility of a watch that contains info is possible.

Are these available anywhere? I have looked online and found a yankee site that offers one type that looks nasty and also expensive.

If they are available where? and are there any good ones at a reasonable price?

As a type 1 I should be carrying something to let people know I'm a diabetic, I have been given a card. Problem is I never use a wallet and don't wear jewlery. But the possibility of a watch that contains info is possible.

Are these available anywhere? I have looked online and found a yankee site that offers one type that looks nasty and also expensive.

If they are available where? and are there any good ones at a reasonable price?

hi there i dont like jewlery ether i havent see a watch but i wear a band with the medical alert on it {it like the help for heros band} its in black with sliver writing its so handy i dont need to take it off for washing up dishes or swimming i got mine of e bay and i only paid a fiver for it i am not very good with the computer so i will ask hubby later on to put up a link
hope this helps twinnie aka vickie xxx

Thanks twinnie, I will have a look later. My mother has a friend with a watch, that's what gave me the idea, unfortunately that watch was a gift a few years ago so they have no idea where it came from.

I got mine from ebay to for 4 quid, i got one for when i dont carry my wallet

I think medic alert do watches, but they are expensive. Do a google search for medictag (ormeditag) amd medic alert as they do that sort of thing. have you also thought og dog tags? They can be tucked under your clothes. I'm not one for jewllry, but I have a bracelet. People ask what I am alergic to when they see it, so most people will kknow it is there for a medical reason.

I wear a Medi Tag, they aren't too expensive and have the Internationally recognised emergency symbol on them.

I also have a special key ring that holds 4 glucotabs and has the same symbol as the Medi Tag on it with Diabetic written under the symbol.

I wear a mediband, they are an aussie company with quick delivery, cheap and you can have custom text on them if you want.
I cant remember the link from the top of my head but a google search will get them.

I wear a Medi Tag, they aren't too expensive and have the Internationally recognised emergency symbol on them.

I also have a special key ring that holds 4 glucotabs and has the same symbol as the Medi Tag on it with Diabetic written under the symbol.

cool were did you get tht key ring from would defo purchase one of them

It woul dbe good to wear something you never know!

It took me a long time to decide what to do on this front and I did consider a watch but they looked too bulky and I know I wouldn't wear one all the time!

So I went for a bracelet type thing!

I went for the titanium one near the end of the page (2nd from end I think)
http://www.medicaltags.co.uk/medical-steel-titanium-bracelets.html

Anyway good luck with getting one you're happy with whatever it is.

Rossi🙂

There's Mediband website for UK:

www.mediband.co.uk

I've seen that before, but some of the pics didnt work so I didnt know if the site was out of date/no longer active?

Also didnt know whether I'd need one as a diet controlled type 2 diabetic.

I've seen that before, but some of the pics didnt work so I didnt know if the site was out of date/no longer active?

Also didnt know whether I'd need one as a diet controlled type 2 diabetic.

I think the id is primarily for people at risk of hypo, as they are the people most likely (but hopefully it will never happen!) to keel over and need fairly specific and swift treatment for their diabetic condition. Apart from that, I don't really think there's much need for them - but I'm happy for people to give me more reasons!🙂

I've got an ICE Gems bracelet even though as diet controlled T2 I don't really need one. I just happened to fall in love with it on sight and had to buy it. I've told the hubby that as it has his contact details on it, it means when I go out and get hammered with me mates at the pub and end up in a cell on a drunk and disorderly charge, the police will have contact details for him to come and bail me out.... He's threatened to move and change his phone number and/or change the locks on the door..... :D:D

That's what I thought Northerner, but my mam reminds me that it's not just hypos that could get you picked up unconscious by an ambulance team - she says "What if you're hit by a car?".

Theoretically, I should wear an allergy one too for metronidazole but I dont :D

I think the id is primarily for people at risk of hypo, as they are the people most likely (but hopefully it will never happen!) to keel over and need fairly specific and swift treatment for their diabetic condition. Apart from that, I don't really think there's much need for them - but I'm happy for people to give me more reasons!🙂

I did'nt have one until on the course at the end last week the dietiician gave me an id card i have filled it in and put it in my purse, i aint to fussed weather i have one or not.Im kinda with you Northerner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back