Meal suggestions in Balance - would they suit you? (genuine question)

As a T2, would these meal plans suit your BG levels?

• These look great! I could use most or all of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than half would work for me

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I couldn't eat many of these and have in-range BG afterwards

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I couldn't use any of these ideas, they would not suit my BG at all

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Oops! Ignore me I answered in error.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does anyone talk about calories at all? Focussing on the calories means you ignore the carbs and that's what matters to us as diabetics not calories. Calories have little value in what you eat as the body metabolises foods in different ways. DUK and PHE need to stop talking about calories and focus on carb content. Advising people to have so many calories per day is rather silly as we are all different and have different exercise and work levels. As fats have twice the calories than carbs you can end-up reducing fats rather than carbs which is counter-productive for us.

Personally, it's extremely "silly" to ignore calories, but each to their own.
At least DUK fortunately take on board that a simplistic "one size fits all" approach, and many of us choose to have a diet that actually works for us individually, rather than the low carb high fat is the only possible way, and anything else must therefor be "silly"

I feel quite good having reversed my diabetes with the "silly" Newcastle low calorie diet.

Personally, it's extremely "silly" to ignore calories, but each to their own.
Thanks Travellor, I guess I'm one of the "silly" ones....

I control my D by "counting" carbs, calories have no real meaning for me as I, like many of my fellow D's am in a stable weight situation being lower than my target. Now, carbs is another matter, if I relax my control on my carb input then my BG goes up.
The real issue here is balancing energy intake with carb intake & finding your own bodies balance.

Thanks Travellor, I guess I'm one of the "silly" ones....

I control my D by "counting" carbs, calories have no real meaning for me as I, like many of my fellow D's am in a stable weight situation being lower than my target. Now, carbs is another matter, if I relax my control on my carb input then my BG goes up.
The real issue here is balancing energy intake with carb intake & finding your own bodies balance.

True
It does seem that something like the Newcastle calorie controlled diet has a different outcome to the low carb diet.

Remission or diet control?

I preferred the remission option, so no real need to micro manage energy intake or carb intake.
Admittedly, I guess if I do go for 3000+ calories a day again, I will notice a weight gain I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back