Mcdonalds

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did say MY experience

ok steff, no need to get defensive. Don't forget I worked there for however long and know all of the tricks of the trade there. They run out of diet, they put full fat coke on instead thinking that no one knows the difference. Except when I had to sit with a very distressed young T1 who had been given a "diet coke" the establishment started thinking very differently.

It's why in every place I go to now I demand to know if its definitely diet, and then taste the drink in front of the staff members. Having worked in fast food for a long time, mistakes can and do happen, but it gets deliberate a lot of the time.

ok steff, no need to get defensive. Don't forget I worked there for however long and know all of the tricks of the trade there. They run out of diet, they put full fat coke on instead thinking that no one knows the difference. Except when I had to sit with a very distressed young T1 who had been given a "diet coke" the establishment started thinking very differently.

It's why in every place I go to now I demand to know if its definitely diet, and then taste the drink in front of the staff members. Having worked in fast food for a long time, mistakes can and do happen, but it gets deliberate a lot of the time.

not being defensive at all and i remmeber you working at kfc, i just wanted to put MY in caps as ive never had any bother in kfc but have in mcdonalds x

I never thought I'd bear witness to a heated discussion over diet coke before ha! :D

Whatever people's personal experience - good or bad - it has been recognised as a significant problem for well over a decade where diabetics are concerned. Bars and restaurants do not understand the significance of delivering the wrong type of drink and think it's no big deal. But when it happens, it can be a big deal. I very much doubt that the staff are given any training on the potential dangers and indeed the majority of those who get it wrong may never encounter a person who might suffer from the consequences of drinking it.

Whatever people's personal experience - good or bad - it has been recognised as a significant problem for well over a decade where diabetics are concerned. Bars and restaurants do not understand the significance of delivering the wrong type of drink and think it's no big deal. But when it happens, it can be a big deal. I very much doubt that the staff are given any training on the potential dangers and indeed the majority of those who get it wrong may never encounter a person who might suffer from the consequences of drinking it.

totally agreed, when i first joined mcds and kfc during training we weren't told anything of the sort. The only time any training was given was after the incident at west quay kfc with the diabetic girl after I may have er...shouted quite loudly at my manager and told him he could have killed the poor girl :/ Training should be given, not only if you are given the wrong drink is it exceptionally poor customer service, but in some situations could be potentially life threatening.

*is on her soapbox*

totally agreed, when i first joined mcds and kfc during training we weren't told anything of the sort.

Well on the contrary I received adequate training when I worked at McDonalds for 2 years as a school leaver. I worked for a franchise store and the owner made sure he hosted the induction of all new employees to any of his 3 stores. We watched corny early 90's training videos and covered topics such as aiding those in wheelchairs, blind, deaf, wheat free, etc. And finally diabetics.

I guess the company owned stores may not be as dedicated as the franchise owners :(

Well on the contrary I received adequate training when I worked at McDonalds for 2 years as a school leaver. I worked for a franchise store and the owner made sure he hosted the induction of all new employees to any of his 3 stores. We watched corny early 90's training videos and covered topics such as aiding those in wheelchairs, blind, deaf, wheat free, etc. And finally diabetics.

I guess the company owned stores may not be as dedicated as the franchise owners :(

i went from company to franchised, and no training videos were watched...either times :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back