May sound a silly question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids eat at 6 if possible then I can test J 2 hours later and fit in bed time snack before bed at 8ish- it's all a bit of a rush especially on school nights.
Us adults eat later in peace and quiet when boys are in bed 🙂)

eating time? anytime between six and ten, we did for a while have a regular routine before 9, but we're trying to bring it in a bit to before 8 so I can see if I can work out some evening ratios! It's a game🙄

we have our tea circa 630 when everyone is home from school and work.. and yes we all eat at the table and discuss our day. I cant eat much later than that as im usually in bed about 930 / 10 pm!

I can so relate to the son talk.. our eldest is 13 going on 30 and if asked what he has done in the day...... stuff!! it winds me up something chronic! lol

Hi Nikki ..

Yes .. I'm just aiming for the Isophane to be given 12hrs apart ... I shifted it by 1hr last night to 6pm .. and tonight depending on bg .. will aim for 7pm .. then there's the 12hr split..

No Nathan .. is on the Hypurine Porcine Neutral (short acting) and Hypurine Isophane (medium to long acting) ... and uses the autopen classic ... for cartridges not vials ... so he having in total 5 injections rather than the 4 .. Nathan says he doesnt mind having an extra one.

Hypurine Porcine is available as a 30/70 Mix

Heidi
xx🙂

Yeah sounds good moving it slowly over a few days. I forgot that it was avaliable in cartridges too, only people I've met on it have used syringes. probably because they have always used that insulin and never gone onto pens. good luck with it.

Yeah sounds good moving it slowly over a few days. I forgot that it was avaliable in cartridges too, only people I've met on it have used syringes. probably because they have always used that insulin and never gone onto pens. good luck with it.

Hi Nikki ..

Managed to move it another 1/2hr last night .. 6.30 ... result was good .. woke at 7.7 ... as apposed to 12 yesterday ... things are certainly heading in the right direction, still much work to be done though .. :D .. but considering his first full day on the porcine was last thursday .. results havent been to bad .. a bit high .. but Nathan has had a massive reduction in Lantus and N/R ..

Heidi
xx🙂

tea is usually at 4.30 to 5pm in our house which I think is why we can never get decent readings...

H is always too high or too low

We dont have a full 12hrs between injections as he has breakfast at about 7-8 am and then tea as I said....

Only problem is if we have tea any later there's no time for supper before bed....

So what do u do???? miss supper and hypo thru the night???

tea is usually at 4.30 to 5pm in our house which I think is why we can never get decent readings...

H is always too high or too low

We dont have a full 12hrs between injections as he has breakfast at about 7-8 am and then tea as I said....

Only problem is if we have tea any later there's no time for supper before bed....

So what do u do???? miss supper and hypo thru the night???

Hi CM1976 ...

Can I ask what insulin and regime your son is on?

Heidi
xx:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back