May sound a silly question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha1

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi All ...

Apologies first if this sounds a daft question ....

But what time do you all have your tea (evening meal) ...??

The reason i ask is as some may know Nathan has just changed insulin .. and his porcine isophane (medium to long acting insulin) is to be taken in split doses ..

On the advice of consultant one to be given with breakfast the other with tea .. when I spoke to Nathan's dsn .. over my concerns about the timing from tea to breakfast .. she asked what time did we have tea .. I said about 4.30 to 5.00 ..but more likely around the 4.30 mark ... To which she replied well thats early we didnt realise tea was at 4.30? . well you didnt ask

Bearing in mind neither dsn or consultant have no experience of anyone on porcine .. I have shifted the Isophane injection to 6pm .. and breakfast one will stay the same 7am ... as we are trying to avoid peaks ..

What time do you lovely people class as tea time??

Heidi
xx🙂

If you remember a while back you gave me some good advice hun about this, as we used to eat our tea at 6.30 i was having some troubles and you maybe said move tea to earlier, so I did try but now it has gone back to 6.30 again.If we were eating as early at 4.30 5 it would be because we had something planned or were going out.

I would have said you were right hon! Im sensing you dont have the most supportive team around you during this change??

lots of love xx

Back at uni I generally eat around five or six. Here at home it's more six to seven.

I think that, due to parents working when I was a kid, and then me as an adult, I have always had my evening meal between about 6 and 7 pm.

Tea is 5 sharp in our house..oldest son has Aspergers syndrome and loves his food....clock watches and hovers till it's done. My dad is diabetic and injects at 4.30, eats at 5...we all like early tea we can fit supper in then :D

We usually eat between 5 and 5.30. We always have done, even before C was diagnosed diabetic.

about 7pm because it gives everyone time to get in from college and work do a few things before we eat ....

Because I am working full time we normally have our evening meal around 7 to 7.30. We have been doing this since we had three adults all working and we wanted to have our main meal of the day together as a family.

We eat from 7-8pm usually, depends on the time my girlfriend gets in from work.
Can you try and do the injections around 12 hours apart? Are you giving both insulins via syringe? Just wondering if they told you breakfast and tea so that you could mix them in the same syringe and have less injections.

We eat from 7-8pm usually, depends on the time my girlfriend gets in from work.
Can you try and do the injections around 12 hours apart? Are you giving both insulins via syringe? Just wondering if they told you breakfast and tea so that you could mix them in the same syringe and have less injections.

Hi Nikki ..

Yes .. I'm just aiming for the Isophane to be given 12hrs apart ... I shifted it by 1hr last night to 6pm .. and tonight depending on bg .. will aim for 7pm .. then there's the 12hr split..

No Nathan .. is on the Hypurine Porcine Neutral (short acting) and Hypurine Isophane (medium to long acting) ... and uses the autopen classic ... for cartridges not vials ... so he having in total 5 injections rather than the 4 .. Nathan says he doesnt mind having an extra one.

Hypurine Porcine is available as a 30/70 Mix

Heidi
xx🙂

Weirdly I thought i might of been in the minority with the time i eat but seems the majority of us do eat anywhere from 6.30-8, I think its always such a difficult time getting it right with tea time as alot depends on what the kids are upto or what time people are getting in from work,Funnily enough i watched a programme the other day called something along the lines of ditch the tray some woman was trying to get families to eat around the table instead of eating off a tray while watching the television, i for one have not eaten at the dinner table for years does anyone these days still do it .

I usually eat between 5pm and 6pm as I find if I go much longer I end up having a hypo.

Weirdly I thought i might of been in the minority with the time i eat but seems the majority of us do eat anywhere from 6.30-8, I think its always such a difficult time getting it right with tea time as alot depends on what the kids are upto or what time people are getting in from work,Funnily enough i watched a programme the other day called something along the lines of ditch the tray some woman was trying to get families to eat around the table instead of eating off a tray while watching the television, i for one have not eaten at the dinner table for years does anyone these days still do it .

Hi Steff ...

I'm quite lucky here Nathan .. likes to have his evening meal at the table ...I have a separate dining room .. so no tv in there ... It gives me and Nathan time (even if it is only 1/2hr before XBox calls ) just for me to find out how his day at school has been or to talk about anything Nathan wants to without distractions ...

Heidi
xx:D

Hi Steff ...

I'm quite lucky here Nathan .. likes to have his evening meal at the table ...I have a separate dining room .. so no tv in there ... It gives me and Nathan time (even if it is only 1/2hr before XBox calls ) just for me to find out how his day at school has been or to talk about anything Nathan wants to without distractions ...

Heidi

with my lad it goes like this, "mum= what have you done today"
"son="nothing lol

with my lad it goes like this, "mum= what have you done today"
"son="nothing lol

Lol .... Nathan comes out with similar .... followed by shoulder shrugging .... But the mention of XBox totally different story ... hehehe .. :D

Heidi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back