Mandatory courses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to three sessions run by a pair from the local hospital.
Totally clueless - dangerous advice about eating carbs, no idea at all how I could possibly have had any success in lowering my Hba1c to 47 in just 80 days. I told them, but you could see the switch go to 'off' after half a sentence, and they started on about healthy carbs/eatwell plate before I could say anything more.
There were people there who were so ill, with partners obviously scared stiff about the consequences of high blood glucose.

To the powers that be: Please, please, please don't make that DESMOND Course mandatory . It was awful , just glad it's over with and I'd hate to have to go through that or anything similar again. It was very poor in content and delivery, was much better informed by reading the leaflets.

Is it a case like with universal credits if you don't declare or attend any interviews youl be sanctioned and made to feel a failure lol if you don't show up

I think it's not so much that we believe it, as that we are shocked that anyone could suggest it!

I think it's not so much that we believe it, as that we are shocked that anyone could suggest it!

It's not been expanded on as to who said this Juliet. Could simply have been one of the attendees as a throw away comment over a cuppa! :D

It's not been expanded on as to who said this Juliet. Could simply have been one of the attendees as a throw away comment over a cuppa! :D
It was an attendee. In a "Tell us what you want to happen" bit. A Diabetes UK staff member (& session facilitator) wrote it down on the big sheet. If I remember correctly, this was the section on what "we" want Diabetes UK to work on.

It was an attendee. In a "Tell us what you want to happen" bit. A Diabetes UK staff member (& session facilitator) wrote it down on the big sheet. If I remember correctly, this was the section on what "we" want Diabetes UK to work on.

I thought it might just be an attendee who said it Ralph. Probably couldn't think of anything else to say and wanted to win favour by saying it was so bleeding wonderful it should be mandatory! 🙄

Panic over! Lol :D

Probably couldn't think of anything else to say and wanted to win favour by saying it was so bleeding wonderful it should be mandatory! 🙄
No idea of anyone there to curry favour with. And she seemed firm on the matter. I did challenge it, saying the way to go was to promote; actually tell us about them instead.
She repeated it several times.

Having had to do Mandatory Study Days all my working life, thoose that don't want to be there will spoil it for the rest.

One problem of the courses is they can't cater for everyone as diabetes is individually, though when I did the EXPERT course it was lacking in that they were very targeted to one must eat the 130g of carbs a day, even for me this is way to many. I have been told to do the course again as it has now been modernised to take into account that 130g of carbs is to many to eat a day, not yet booked the course as dates were not suitable for me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back