Lyumjev timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it's not just very difficult it's nigh on impossible if basal is not right.

Will give that try, regarding bloods climbing in the middle of the night will that be a basal issue as I take that as soon as I get up.
If that is a regular occurrence, then yes, it is likely insufficient basal.
Remind us which basal you use? Just wondering if it is one you can split like Levemir or a long acting basal like Tresiba.

Reactions: Kol
Did you check the link that @everydayupsanddowns posted?
How did you get on?
Gonna give that another go, My DN was in a meeting today and was gonna discuss the issues I was having with the insulin because to me it's no better than novarapid so I will see what she comes back with. Cheers.

Gonna give that another go, My DN was in a meeting today and was gonna discuss the issues I was having with the insulin because to me it's no better than novarapid so I will see what she comes back with. Cheers.
When you gave that a go what did the line look like?
What number did you start off at?
What number was it at lunch time?
What number was it in the evening?

Not sure i'd like that one, horses for courses though.
Tresiba would not suit me at all either and I am really not sure how I could come close to making it work because I need so little basal insulin at night but lots in the morning and during the day, plus I need to adjust it regularly for changes in activity, particularly the night time dose. I appreciate that it works well for some people but certainly not suitable for everyone. Absolutely love my Levemir!

Tresiba would not suit me at all either and I am really not sure how I could come close to making it work because I need so little basal insulin at night but lots in the morning and during the day, plus I need to adjust it regularly for changes in activity, particularly the night time dose. I appreciate that it works well for some people but certainly not suitable for everyone. Absolutely love my Levemir!
Took me ages to fight to get off tresiba and back to Lantus, I even had to change hospital!! The doctor thought it was fantastic stuff and I hated it. I use Lantus not quite lasting 24 hours as an advantage and tresiba being so flat was unmanageable. Can’t believe they kept insisting on paying more for something I hated.

I’m pretty happy with Lantus too, I split morning and evening, seems to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back