lypos

Status
Not open for further replies.
heya honey 🙂 thanks for your support 🙂
re the eating problems i dont have an eating disorder and whilst im not trying to say that you were suggesting that and im not trying to be disrespectful to anyone else that may have one i just feel that i should point out that i don't. just so that we can clarify things and i can be more clear 🙂
i just find it difficult to eat because i suffer a lot of so far unexplained vomiting and severe abdominal pains and to be honest i want to get sent to see somebody about that aswell because someone has to sort me out at some point xxxx

Have you ever had a test for coeliac.🙂Bev

Have you been tested for Coeliac disease? This is also an autoimmune disease, like Type 1 diabetes, and it's not uncommon for a person who suffers from one autoimmune disease to have another one too.

Have you been tested for Coeliac disease? This is also an autoimmune disease, like Type 1 diabetes, and it's not uncommon for a person who suffers from one autoimmune disease to have another one too.

Great minds think alike.....:D

Just read the rest of the replies, since I'd written on here.

You say you don't know how the 2 jabs regime works. So I thought I'd just tell you how it works and what Carol ate and when. But I won't tell you how many carbs except for the snacks, as I actually don't know myself😱

Here goes: The novomix30 is as said a mix of fast acting and slow acting mixed together at the ratio of 30%fast and 70% slow. When you inject for breakfast the fast acting will cover that and more. And then the slow one will kick in. Because of the fast acting still flowing round, you will go low about mid-morning. That's why you will need a snack of about 15g carbs minimum. Carol used to have either 2 digestives or hobnobs or a flapjack/chewee bar. Have lunch. Insulin still working hard. You will need a snack mid-afternoon same as morning. Then you have the tea/dinner time injection before the meal which tends to be less than the morning one. Again, because you've injected, you will need a bedtime snack.

The eating times are very regimented. I'm only telling you ours. It doesn't mean you have to have the same hours, but the gap between the meals and snacks should be roughly the same. There is a little leeway of an hour each side of the main meals, but it would be best to avoid that.

Carol's regime was: 7.30am breakfast
10.15 snack
12.10 lunch
14.15 snack
17.00 dinner/tea
20.00 bedtime snack

I hope this sheds a little light on it. I'm sorry I can't explain properly how the mix works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back