Lunch time hypos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I wondered that when i read it, especially as the profile says type 2, anyway as I said earlier that is why i was then changed as I was feadin to cope with the amount of mix which is not the way to do it at all

yes, same thing happened to me too. One day at work i had three breakfasts!!😱

yes, same thing happened to me too. One day at work i had three breakfasts!!😱

Blimey and I thought I was bad having to have a brekkie and then a major snack mid morning when I wasn't even hungry lol

if it makes you feel any better my numbers from the past 2 days are
tues 8.9 11.9 15.0 12.8
wed 7.8 11.6 5.8 12.2

and I've been at this game for over 9 years.

don't let it get you down,

I'm so disappointed today. I've gone from 7 to 2.9 to 11.7 just now before my evening shot. Rather put me down, to be honest. :(

Don't worry about it, just forget what came before and work on reaching your targets the next day. A lot of people will find that they go high after a hypo so I really wouldn't be worried by that, we all have days where it goes a bit wrong, my numbers today have been 7.8, 12.2, 6.4 and 3.4 so I've been a little all over the palce today.

It can be really difficult to manage any variations on routine on mixed insulins so it's really good if you're team are looking to put you on a basal bolus system, I can't believe the difference I found being on it. I was on novomix for nearly two years, and looking back maybe that was a sensible thing as I really wasn't interested in taking care of myself back then so wouldn't have wanted to learn carb counting etc but I definately wouldn't go back now.

yeah i wouldnt let it get to you, i have let it get to me before and then i think wots the point?? its only going to make u feel worse. Sometimes I get mad if i have a slight high sugar as i think to myself, i probably could of avoided that, so then i end up blaming myself and by the end of it all, i feel 100 times worse.

I was talkin to a diabetic doctor and he says that my range over the past few months was between 5-15 and he says this is ok, because someone without diabetes is in a range from 3-10, so we have our own ranges. obvii i dont want to be staying at that range forever but we cant get it perfect all the time can we.

I hope i made sense there lol hard to explain 😛

How can a type one be on pills?:confused:

Also, you can not cover for snacks on a mixed dose, you need to be on basal/bolus, this would be dangerous to do this. the best thing while you are still on mixed insulin is what sofaraway has suggested. take care

Sorry I meant type 2 it was a typing error on my part.

Thanks for all the replies, all. You're totally right in that I shouldn't let it get to me. When I look at it objectively, I have to go to myself 'look, you've only been at this two weeks! It's not going to be perfect.', but I still have the tendency to think that I've been 'bad' or done something wrong if my numbers aren't in the 4-7 range, which I've only actually managed on 3 days.

Had a second hypo whilst working late last night as well. *sigh* My DSN has told me to knock down to 8 and 4 units now. I might still be producing SOME insulin, by her reckoning, which does make me go 'what?!' a little!

Thanks for all the replies, all. You're totally right in that I shouldn't let it get to me. When I look at it objectively, I have to go to myself 'look, you've only been at this two weeks! It's not going to be perfect.', but I still have the tendency to think that I've been 'bad' or done something wrong if my numbers aren't in the 4-7 range, which I've only actually managed on 3 days.

Had a second hypo whilst working late last night as well. *sigh* My DSN has told me to knock down to 8 and 4 units now. I might still be producing SOME insulin, by her reckoning, which does make me go 'what?!' a little!

There's something called the 'honeymoon' phase, where your pancreas continues to splutter out some insulin, so this is probably what she means. It makes it difficult to predict insulin doses for a while, and may be a reason for your erratic numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back