Lows

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have protection regarding work @Duane62 Employers often ignore or are ignorant of employment law but it’s there to protect us. Are you in a union?

Re not going in to work, you can self-certify for a few days, but when you do be clear what it’s for, whether that’s a physical problem or a mental one. Also, make sure you keep everything in writing, so, for example, if you phone in sick, follow that up with a text or email briefly repeating what you said in your phone call. That way there can be no denying and no argument.

Again, if a manager has a discussion with you, afterwards summarise that discussion in an email to the manager, so that it’s on written record.

@Inka could I possibly DM you please?

Of course @Duane62 🙂 I’m trying to catch up on chores at home and in town this weekend so might not be able to reply immediately, but do DM and I’ll reply as soon as I can today.

You have protection regarding work @Duane62 Employers often ignore or are ignorant of employment law but it’s there to protect us. Are you in a union?

Re not going in to work, you can self-certify for a few days, but when you do be clear what it’s for, whether that’s a physical problem or a mental one. Also, make sure you keep everything in writing, so, for example, if you phone in sick, follow that up with a text or email briefly repeating what you said in your phone call. That way there can be no denying and no argument.

Again, if a manager has a discussion with you, afterwards summarise that discussion in an email to the manager, so that it’s on written record.
I had a manager who would e-mail and say ' can we have a chat' and you just knew it would be something not good but he would never say in an e-mail what the issue was. If only I had documented the discussions which amounted to bulling or asked for a witness at the meeting.

I had a manager who would e-mail and say ' can we have a chat' and you just knew it would be something not good but he would never say in an e-mail what the issue was. If only I had documented the discussions which amounted to bulling or asked for a witness at the meeting.
I have had WhatsApp messages like that, perhaps that’s classed as putting it in writing?

This post isn’t about diabetic lows but the way I’m currently feeling. For the past few nights I haven’t had a great nights sleep. I know I’m still in the experimental stage of exploring my diet and possibly my medication working. I don’t know enough about diabetes and therefore not confident enough to discuss it and how I’m feeling with work colleagues. It has been pointed out that I don’t seem the same as I was, but I’m also trying to maintain an equilibrium. I’m a manager and apparently I should be full of the joys of spring regardless of how I’m feeling. Sorry just needed to get this off my chest.
hi. Nice to meet you. Yes I am the same. just been diagnosed pre diabetic a couple of months ago. Still trying to get my head around it. I am glad I have lost weight now I have switched to a healther diet but honestlky had much more energy when I was heating normally. Also have a permant cold at moment and I have never had a cold in my life when I was eating normally or anything for that matter. Strange ah.

hi. Nice to meet you. Yes I am the same. just been diagnosed pre diabetic a couple of months ago. Still trying to get my head around it. I am glad I have lost weight now I have switched to a healther diet but honestlky had much more energy when I was heating normally. Also have a permant cold at moment and I have never had a cold in my life when I was eating normally or anything for that matter. Strange ah.
If prediabetic then usually some modest changes will do the trick so maybe you have made changes too quickly and too much if you are feeling loss of energy. Making sure you have enough protein and healthy fats if you are cutting out carbs but also may be worth taking some multivitamins as some of the foods like bread and breakfast cereals are fortified so you may be lacking in something.
I found my folate was low and was prescribed a short course of meds for that.

Yes, ditto. I've always regretted not taking em to a tribunal for constructive dismissal but by that stage I simply didn't have the strength mentally or physically to instigate any such thing.

Please, please do not allow it to get to that stage!

Eldest daughter is a head chef for M&B - she wouldn't stand for anyone in a position of authority treating a member of staff like that, if she worked where you do and got to hear about it! Classically trained - hence knows one helluvalot about nutrition, food hygiene etcapart from the recipes and methods etc, utterly logical, highly intelligent, photographic memory -100% suitable to be the Government Minister for Common Sense! She may 'only' be my stepchild - BUT. Also knows a fair bit about diabetes as it happens .......

Also as well as ringing the DUK Helpline on Monday, you could do a lot worse than talking to your local Citizens Advice Bureau!

As much as I love my job, I really don’t know if I’ve got the energy to fight any of this. I also know that I’ll be watched like a hawk when I go back. Should I do anything wrong, I’ll be for the high jump. As I put in my letter of apology, I don’t want sympathy and will accept the punishment, which I believe to be dismissal

If prediabetic then usually some modest changes will do the trick so maybe you have made changes too quickly and too much if you are feeling loss of energy. Making sure you have enough protein and healthy fats if you are cutting out carbs but also may be worth taking some multivitamins as some of the foods like bread and breakfast cereals are fortified so you may be lacking in something.
I found my folate was low and was prescribed a short course of meds for that.
hi thanks for that. had blood test last week to see if i need to take iron tablets or not. so far can't get a apppointment to see anybody to discuss my results so am in limbo at moment. told to try again this week. also was told by text i would need a blood test in two months to cheak my b lood suger and my colestrol levels. that was over two months ago and nothing. again can't get to speak to a reel person, just keep getting told try next week. so in limbo at moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back