Looks like I will be having a pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Bessiemay! (I always wonder, whenever I see your name, whether you HAVE, yet, or not?) (since you say you MAY do it LOL) (bit like 'Barkis is willing'?)

Well I already carried my meter in my handbag wherever I went - since they were the size of half a housebrick - so no difference for me! (in its case with the strips and the bodger)

Ingrid thank you for your good wishes for my hubby. He is going on ok. Pleased to hear you adapted to your pump so well. I expect trouble because it's so erratic now on MDI but who knows.

I quite like the idea of a remote control but I will definitely need a bigger handbag. I noticed there's a sale at Kipling Kookykat

Hi Bessiemay my levels were also very erratic on MDI, due to the effects of gastroparesis. Since I've had the pump it has made the world of difference to me. I have the Accuchek Combo and find the remote invaluable.

LOL Bessiemay! (I always wonder, whenever I see your name, whether you HAVE, yet, or not?) (since you say you MAY do it LOL) (bit like 'Barkis is willing'?)

Well I already carried my meter in my handbag wherever I went - since they were the size of half a housebrick - so no difference for me! (in its case with the strips and the bodger)
Sorry, yes I said yes and the consultant is requesting funding. I didn't ask the timescale but I guess it will be a while. Looking forward to it anyway. Not sure which one but like the sound of the insight. I used to have a mobile phone like a brick and thought it was wonderful at the time.

Hi Bessiemay my levels were also very erratic on MDI, due to the effects of gastroparesis. Since I've had the pump it has made the world of difference to me. I have the Accuchek Combo and find the remote invaluable.
Thanks AJ it's comforting to hear these success stories. The trial one that I have is the combo but there isn't a remote with it. Nice though.

LOL - so was the one I had! - but tell you what, I still use the 'Quick Bolus' feature direct on the pump if say I just decide I will have that piece of fruit after dinner or that biscuit with a cup of coffee, without bothering to test as I've not that long ago done so anyway.

It's OK, cos when you next turn the meter on, providing you go to 'MY Data' on the menu it picks up the 'jab' and you can then modify that reading to add the carb value you ate, otherwise the meter will just think you had 2u for no reason 2 hours ago so will knock the 'insulin on board' off the next calculation it does for you. Or of course you can alter the dose yourself if you don't agree with it - but it's MUCH safer to get in the habit of doing it properly and sorting that entry out, before you ask it to calculate the next dose you need.

LOL - so was the one I had! - but tell you what, I still use the 'Quick Bolus' feature direct on the pump if say I just decide I will have that piece of fruit after dinner or that biscuit with a cup of coffee, without bothering to test as I've not that long ago done so anyway.

It's OK, cos when you next turn the meter on, providing you go to 'MY Data' on the menu it picks up the 'jab' and you can then modify that reading to add the carb value you ate, otherwise the meter will just think you had 2u for no reason 2 hours ago so will knock the 'insulin on board' off the next calculation it does for you. Or of course you can alter the dose yourself if you don't agree with it - but it's MUCH safer to get in the habit of doing it properly and sorting that entry out, before you ask it to calculate the next dose you need.
Trophywench which pump do you have

The Combo Jenny! - just waiting for my new Insight to replace it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back