LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS FOR STUDY - Type 2 Diabetes and Remote Consultations in General Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to hear a way forward. I am really looking forward to my new GP at least telling me he is following the guide that's out there at the moment. https://www.england.nhs.uk/rightcare/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2016/08/act-for-diabetes-31-01.pdf The pages say emotional support as well as a proper clinical care plan. For me that means what diet to follow with goals. what medication or not to be taken and what to look out for and do. So far its your just fat so yes lose weight and I am doing so but although somethings have changed others have not. Is this really for life or is this something that goes away. I get different people saying different things. I've had a couple of bad reading only to go back to normal. Now the only thing I think its is due to is pain and mood. I have no way of seeing it has long term affect on HbA1c unless they do have a care plan that I know about. Surely that's the same for all. Maybe a blanket tick off book for all diabetics like they do for new-born's so we feel at least they take this as seriously as we do.

I would like to hear a way forward. I am really looking forward to my new GP at least telling me he is following the guide that's out there at the moment. https://www.england.nhs.uk/rightcare/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2016/08/act-for-diabetes-31-01.pdf The pages say emotional support as well as a proper clinical care plan. For me that means what diet to follow with goals. what medication or not to be taken and what to look out for and do. So far its your just fat so yes lose weight and I am doing so but although somethings have changed others have not. Is this really for life or is this something that goes away. I get different people saying different things. I've had a couple of bad reading only to go back to normal. Now the only thing I think its is due to is pain and mood. I have no way of seeing it has long term affect on HbA1c unless they do have a care plan that I know about. Surely that's the same for all. Maybe a blanket tick off book for all diabetics like they do for new-born's so we feel at least they take this as seriously as we do.
Yes i completely agree! Would you kindly agree to a short chat with myself to discuss this? My email is zcha304@ucl.ac.uk.

All comments will remain confidential and contribute to making a difference! Would really appreciate.

Hi everyone! I am still looking for a few more volunteers to have a chat with! Would love to hear your views!

Hi everyone! I am still looking for a few more volunteers to have a chat with! Would love to hear your views!

To clarify; is the chat about any matter, as opposed to relating to T2? I have been in remission for over 6 years now, so my diabetes care is a sum total of a blood panel, including an A1c, and a routine retinal screening, each year.

Otherwise happy to chat.

To clarify; is the chat about any matter, as opposed to relating to T2? I have been in remission for over 6 years now, so my diabetes care is a sum total of a blood panel, including an A1c, and a routine retinal screening, each year.

Otherwise happy to chat.
Oh great! Its just having a chat about your experiences with the general practice and how its been during the pandemic for you guys! If you could just send me a quick email on zcha304@ucl.ac.uk and we can take it from there!

I really don't think I could cope with talking about my recent experience - I was unable to get a repeat prescription for Thyroxine and was without tablets from mid June to early July.
After queueing for over an hour my husband was told that I had not had a prescription for Thyroxine this year - I get just less than 2 months supply each time, and take it daily so that can't be true.
This is more a problem with the pharmacy at the clinic than the GP and was eventually resolved by getting hold of the prescription and taking it to another pharmacy, and the tablets prescribes seem to suit me far better, so maybe a silver lining, but I was on the phone to the GP reception for hour after hour as they were inundated with calls.

I really don't think I could cope with talking about my recent experience - I was unable to get a repeat prescription for Thyroxine and was without tablets from mid June to early July.
After queueing for over an hour my husband was told that I had not had a prescription for Thyroxine this year - I get just less than 2 months supply each time, and take it daily so that can't be true.
This is more a problem with the pharmacy at the clinic than the GP and was eventually resolved by getting hold of the prescription and taking it to another pharmacy, and the tablets prescribes seem to suit me far better, so maybe a silver lining, but I was on the phone to the GP reception for hour after hour as they were inundated with calls.
The lady is a lovely student just needing true research. Good or bad. She will contact you privately at a time suitable snd goes through what your are happy to share with her . To be fair it’s good they offer this and she is not using her own scenarios as this shows truthfully what is happening . I sure I was boring but she will make her paper in the end. I thought she was lovely so please help if you can Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back