Long shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is quite expensive but £70 off if I order two!? Why would I want two? I only have one mouth.

One to wash, one to wear? o_O:confused:😱

I will persevere with it, to be honest I probably went overboard with it this time and diaphragm got a little sore. I can’t remember how long I was using it last time before it made a difference. I’ve decided to keep it up for another 3 months and see how I feel then, but maybe not give it up when I feel better as you need to keep going for maintenance. I suppose it really depends on what’s causing the reflux in the first place. It’s a great little thing but I have no idea how they can charge so much for a piece of plastic. I did see similar (cheaper) things on Amazon at one point.
Hi Emma,
I know this is an old thread but I wondered if you persevered with the Iqoro device or went for the linx op and what the outcomes have been? Apologies if you've posted elsewhere about this.

My acid reflux has flared up again( not helped by a trip to Spain and all the challenges that presented for my gut!) and I've started looking at this device again.

Hi Emma,
I know this is an old thread but I wondered if you persevered with the Iqoro device or went for the linx op and what the outcomes have been? Apologies if you've posted elsewhere about this.

My acid reflux has flared up again( not helped by a trip to Spain and all the challenges that presented for my gut!) and I've started looking at this device again.
Hi @Peely66, sorry to hear you’re struggling too. I have used the device on and off ( mostly off) the first few months of using it I really did see a difference. I stopped using it for a while and restarted and again saw an improvement but not as much as the first time. Mine has been manageable up until the last month or so, I believe this is because I’ve taken up running again which can be challenging with reflux but I love to run :( I spoke to a doctor a few months back from reflux uk who offered for me to come in have some testing and see where to go from there. He suspects a hiatal hernia. At the time I wasn’t on insulin and needed to eat a white food only diet which i wasn’t comfortable with, however i now do take insulin and the reflux is back I might have to get it done, drawback testing is not cheap and the operation isn’t either ! The reviews for the iqoro are good but the science is mixed. It’s expensive for what it is but I have seen alternatives from time to time on Amazon but I believe they stopped selling those. It’s essentially a gum shield that you can pull. If you do it right you can feel the pull all the way down your oesophagus which is supposed to tighten the flappy thing that should normally be shut, but some folks have week ones. Gaviscon advanced aniseed liquid before and after meals, a wedge pillow and not eating 4 hours before bed are some top tips. Eating on holiday can really mess you up, I had a few tears last year when I went to Tenerife. Going out for meals should be fun in holiday, but doing keto and dealing with the burn really takes the shine off and I’m going back this year … I can already feel the anxiety building lol

Hi @Peely66, sorry to hear you’re struggling too. I have used the device on and off ( mostly off) the first few months of using it I really did see a difference. I stopped using it for a while and restarted and again saw an improvement but not as much as the first time. Mine has been manageable up until the last month or so, I believe this is because I’ve taken up running again which can be challenging with reflux but I love to run :( I spoke to a doctor a few months back from reflux uk who offered for me to come in have some testing and see where to go from there. He suspects a hiatal hernia. At the time I wasn’t on insulin and needed to eat a white food only diet which i wasn’t comfortable with, however i now do take insulin and the reflux is back I might have to get it done, drawback testing is not cheap and the operation isn’t either ! The reviews for the iqoro are good but the science is mixed. It’s expensive for what it is but I have seen alternatives from time to time on Amazon but I believe they stopped selling those. It’s essentially a gum shield that you can pull. If you do it right you can feel the pull all the way down your oesophagus which is supposed to tighten the flappy thing that should normally be shut, but some folks have week ones. Gaviscon advanced aniseed liquid before and after meals, a wedge pillow and not eating 4 hours before bed are some top tips. Eating on holiday can really mess you up, I had a few tears last year when I went to Tenerife. Going out for meals should be fun in holiday, but doing keto and dealing with the burn really takes the shine off and I’m going back this year … I can already feel the anxiety building lol
Sorry to hear that. My holiday wasn't exactly ruined but I struggled with tapas and being with a bunch of people who were certainly having a good time!
My Libre graph has also gone back to being like a himalayan mountain scene...so frustrating.

Sorry to hear that. My holiday wasn't exactly ruined but I struggled with tapas and being with a bunch of people who were certainly having a good time!
My Libre graph has also gone back to being like a himalayan mountain scene...so frustrating.
It might be worth asking to get tested for helicobacter pylori as that can be responsible for causing peptic ulcers and acid reflux. The treatment is a combination of antibiotics and a PPI like omeprazole.

It might be worth asking to get tested for helicobacter pylori as that can be responsible for causing peptic ulcers and acid reflux. The treatment is a combination of antibiotics and a PPI like omeprazole.
Yes great advice, it was one of the first things I was tested for was kinda hoping it was that and I could just take some pills. Also Sibo that’s another culprit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back