Long shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Has anybody had or heard of anybody who has had the linx procedure for acid reflux? I have LPR and I’ve tried everything. Im about to have a consultation and if my tests endoscopy/ barium swallow etc don’t show anything drastic then I may get this surgery. The recovery sounds horrid, im not scared of that because im a bad ass, but only if it actually works! Anyone with any first/second hand experience?

I'm afraid I've not even heard of it! Just wanted to wish you best of luck if you go ahead with it x

Has anybody had or heard of anybody who has had the linx procedure for acid reflux? I have LPR and I’ve tried everything. Im about to have a consultation and if my tests endoscopy/ barium swallow etc don’t show anything drastic then I may get this surgery. The recovery sounds horrid, im not scared of that because im a bad ass, but only if it actually works! Anyone with any first/second hand experience?
It does sound rather drastic treatment. I assume you have tried all the usual suspects as treatment and they haven't helped.
Have you had the tests for Helicobacter pylori as that bacterium can be implicated in ulcers and gastric issues

interesting...I'd never heard of LPR which is a surprise to me with all the research I've done over the last 4+ years!
I started with symptoms of bloating and discomfort and bitter taste in mouth. Put on PPIs with some relief but I didn't want to keep taking them and they seem to cause me more discomfort once the heartburn and acid had calmed down. Still experiencing problems with swallowing, especially with drier food, and a cough, slight hoarseness and soreness at the back of the throat. Some days are better than others but the fact that I haven't got heartburn makes me wonder if I've got LRP? (I know a trip to the doctor is my next move) but, like I say, never heard of LPR till now.

It does sound rather drastic treatment. I assume you have tried all the usual suspects as treatment and they haven't helped.
Have you had the tests for Helicobacter pylori as that bacterium can be implicated in ulcers and gastric issues
Yep I’ve had PPi, omitted triggers, camera down throat and scans. Been tested for helicobacter, Sibo. Had full gut microbiome test. Used the iQoro device for 12 months . Out of my 4 pregnancies 3 were feet first breech possibly the cause of my floppy esophageal sphincter. I’ve suffered on an off for 20 years but the last 2 years have been the worst.

interesting...I'd never heard of LPR which is a surprise to me with all the research I've done over the last 4+ years!
I started with symptoms of bloating and discomfort and bitter taste in mouth. Put on PPIs with some relief but I didn't want to keep taking them and they seem to cause me more discomfort once the heartburn and acid had calmed down. Still experiencing problems with swallowing, especially with drier food, and a cough, slight hoarseness and soreness at the back of the throat. Some days are better than others but the fact that I haven't got heartburn makes me wonder if I've got LRP? (I know a trip to the doctor is my next move) but, like I say, never heard of LPR till now.
PPIs did nothing for me and possibly made it worse so I thought I must have low stomach acid as that can cause similar issues so I tried adding acid like ACV and HCL and it made things 10 times worse. I wouldn’t say I have the traditional heartburn but my throat is always sore, I struggle to swallow at times and for about an hour in the morning it’s unbearable. I sleep with a wedge pillow which can help but don’t half give me a bad neck ! Bloating has been a major issue until I realised a had an intolerance to nuts and chicory root. Also I have hiccups constantly which drives me insane.

I'm afraid I've not even heard of it! Just wanted to wish you best of luck if you go ahead with it x
Thankyou so much vonny. Sorry I didn’t see you post last night when I was replying xx

PPIs did nothing for me and possibly made it worse so I thought I must have low stomach acid as that can cause similar issues so I tried adding acid like ACV and HCL and it made things 10 times worse. I wouldn’t say I have the traditional heartburn but my throat is always sore, I struggle to swallow at times and for about an hour in the morning it’s unbearable. I sleep with a wedge pillow which can help but don’t half give me a bad neck ! Bloating has been a major issue until I realised a had an intolerance to nuts and chicory root. Also I have hiccups constantly which drives me insane.
Oh yes I've tried ACV off and on but definitely made it worse last week so that'll just be going on salads from now on. I have heard of the Iqoro device but I thought that was for a hiatal hernias. I've heard of fundoplication and after a brief read up of the linx procedure the recovery process sounds better than for fundoplication. So will you be going private as it doesn't look like it's available on the NHS?

The iqoro can be useful to strengthen the esophageal sphincter which actually did work a for a while. Then I stopped using it, the reflux came back so started using it again and so far it hasn’t had the same effect. I prefer the sound of the linx to the fundo as I heard you can’t be sick with the fundo… not sure how I feel about that, also it needs redoing as it doesn’t last like the linx. Yes it would have to be private…. Hence the apprehension lol

Yep I’ve had PPi, omitted triggers, camera down throat and scans. Been tested for helicobacter, Sibo. Had full gut microbiome test. Used the iQoro device for 12 months . Out of my 4 pregnancies 3 were feet first breech possibly the cause of my floppy esophageal sphincter. I’ve suffered on an off for 20 years but the last 2 years have been the worst.
Sorry to but in but how did you go about getting tested for sibo? Was it something a doctor suggested or did you ask?

Sorry to but in but how did you go about getting tested for sibo? Was it something a doctor suggested or did you ask?
Usually it’s done through a breath test I believe , Sibo is a bacterial overgrowth and I had a gut microbiome study done which the results were actually really good. The results made it highly unlikely that I’d have anything like Sibo. Unfortunately ray ray I had to pay for this. Doctors are only interested in pushing PPi at me. Back in March I was referred to a special dietitian to see if that could help but I never heard back

Yes! I have seen it, if I remember the only thing that put me off was the lack of track record with it as it’s fairly new. Looks great though

The iqoro can be useful to strengthen the esophageal sphincter which actually did work a for a while. Then I stopped using it, the reflux came back so started using it again and so far it hasn’t had the same effect. I prefer the sound of the linx to the fundo as I heard you can’t be sick with the fundo… not sure how I feel about that, also it needs redoing as it doesn’t last like the linx. Yes it would have to be private…. Hence the apprehension lol
I'm re-reading the iqoro website right now as I thought about it some months back. I'm thinking I might give it a try. You had some good results to start with? Shame it's not worked again.

Usually it’s done through a breath test I believe , Sibo is a bacterial overgrowth and I had a gut microbiome study done which the results were actually really good. The results made it highly unlikely that I’d have anything like Sibo. Unfortunately ray ray I had to pay for this. Doctors are only interested in pushing PPi at me. Back in March I was referred to a special dietitian to see if that could help but I never heard back
Yeah I've only heard though certain groups I've joined. Something I want to look into but don't think doctors will agree to it. Any way probably derailed your thread enough now. Hope you manage to get answers and relief

I'm re-reading the iqoro website right now as I thought about it some months back. I'm thinking I might give it a try. You had some good results to start with? Shame it's not worked again.
I will persevere with it, to be honest I probably went overboard with it this time and diaphragm got a little sore. I can’t remember how long I was using it last time before it made a difference. I’ve decided to keep it up for another 3 months and see how I feel then, but maybe not give it up when I feel better as you need to keep going for maintenance. I suppose it really depends on what’s causing the reflux in the first place. It’s a great little thing but I have no idea how they can charge so much for a piece of plastic. I did see similar (cheaper) things on Amazon at one point.

Yeah I've only heard though certain groups I've joined. Something I want to look into but don't think doctors will agree to it. Any way probably derailed your thread enough now. Hope you manage to get answers and relief
No don’t be silly.. your always welcome 🙂

I will persevere with it, to be honest I probably went overboard with it this time and diaphragm got a little sore. I can’t remember how long I was using it last time before it made a difference. I’ve decided to keep it up for another 3 months and see how I feel then, but maybe not give it up when I feel better as you need to keep going for maintenance. I suppose it really depends on what’s causing the reflux in the first place. It’s a great little thing but I have no idea how they can charge so much for a piece of plastic. I did see similar (cheaper) things on Amazon at one point.
Yes it is quite expensive but £70 off if I order two!? Why would I want two? I only have one mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back