Long day of traveling(slight roler coster night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say some jelly babies.... how many? When treating hypos you need to be quite disciplined and if you know how many it took to fix a hypo in certain circumstances or in this case over treat it, then you know you need less next time. I portion them up into 2s and 3s so that I am not tempted to have a handful, particularly when the hypo hunger hits. Was that second reading of 3.6 also a finger prick or was that a Libre reading? Just wondering because Libre almost always reads lower 15 mins later due to the time lag whereas a finger prick will almost always show I have recovered.
I did have mild hypo in the evening treated that glugose tablets was only 4.9 afterwards followed that up still needed a snack leter on but oberissly that wasn't enough to avoid it

@rayray119 when correcting hypos, do you check your levels are rising with finger pricks?
Libre readings are delayed by 15 minutes so you may appear not to be rising and over treat if you rely on the Libre.
Libre 2 attempts to predict the 15 minute gap by extrapolating the current trend. This is great when levels are flat or going in the same direction but when readings change direction (such as when correcting a hypo), it will be further out than usual.

@rayray119 when correcting hypos, do you check your levels are rising with finger pricks?
Libre readings are delayed by 15 minutes so you may appear not to be rising and over treat if you rely on the Libre.
Libre 2 attempts to predict the 15 minute gap by extrapolating the current trend. This is great when levels are flat or going in the same direction but when readings change direction (such as when correcting a hypo), it will be further out than usual.
Yes always do

I don't understand this "libre reads lower than blood" thing that some people say.
It varies - some people find it is higher, some people find it is lower, some people find it varies per sensor and life of their sensor, We are all different.
Please take care when stating your experience as fact for all as it can lead to people with Type 1 running their levels higher than they would if they understood the variance of their tech.
It is a fact not experience that libre reads lower when you are hypo. The predictive algorithm doesn’t account for the fact that you’re treating the hypo.

It is a fact not experience that libre reads lower when you are hypo. The predictive algorithm doesn’t account for the fact that you’re treating the hypo.
I did not appreciate your comment only referred to when recovering a hypo.

I did not appreciate your comment only referred to when recovering a hypo.
This is what I wrote

“Doesn’t look like a bad hypo though, only just scraping below the 4 line and libre reads lower than blood anyway’

I was specifically talking about the hypo and OP referring to libre just about scraping below 4 as a blood sugar rollercoaster.

This is what I wrote

“Doesn’t look like a bad hypo though, only just scraping below the 4 line and libre reads lower than blood anyway’

I was specifically talking about the hypo and OP referring to libre just about scraping below 4 as a blood sugar rollercoaster.
Only meant slight as i shot up afterwards it was actully slightlly above 12 acording to libre. Admiting i did jog on the spoer afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back