Long day of traveling(slight roler coster night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Long day of traveling seem to check up me tonight and then it was slight rolor coster heres what happened so far anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-17-03-59-58.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-17-03-59-58.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 22
That looks very flat to me

Hypoed around 1.30 then seemed to go up alot

Doesn’t look like a bad hypo though, only just scraping below the 4 line and libre reads lower than blood anyway, then peaking below 12. I’d count that as pretty flat.

The low could be a result of compression to the sensor. Happens to me most nights. Sometimes if I wake, have a bad dream or pop to the loo mine will rise also

What did a finger prick indicate when your Libre said you were hypo? By no means would I class that graph as a rollercoaster at all xx

The low could be a result of compression to the sensor. Happens to me most nights. Sometimes if I wake, have a bad dream or pop to the loo mine will rise also
No it wasent i finger picked

What did a finger prick indicate when your Libre said you were hypo? By no means would I class that graph as a rollercoaster at all xx
Injirtery 3.9 wonder if my hands wernt clean at first when checked again after 15 mintutes it was 3.6

Injirtery 3.9 wonder if my hands wernt clean at first when checked again after 15 mintutes it was 3.6
These things happen sometimes and can fall and need treated again unfortunately, it isn't abnormal and can happen for a number of reasons xx

So yes a little low, did you get up and move about a bit after the low? Or eat anything? Either way, it’s not a terrible graph.

Doesn’t look like a bad hypo though, only just scraping below the 4 line and libre reads lower than blood anyway, then peaking below 12. I’d count that as pretty flat.
I don't understand this "libre reads lower than blood" thing that some people say.
It varies - some people find it is higher, some people find it is lower, some people find it varies per sensor and life of their sensor, We are all different.
Please take care when stating your experience as fact for all as it can lead to people with Type 1 running their levels higher than they would if they understood the variance of their tech.

There are no icons for carbs or insulin on that graph.... Do you not log those on your Libre. It can help to make sense of what the graph actually shows. I am guessing the rise after the hypo was down to your hypo treatment. For me going up to 12 would tell me that I over treated it but your levels have started to drop again which suggests that your basal dose is taking you down (unless you did a correction for the reading of 12. I would guess that the increased activity (walking and dancing etc) of your time away is making your basal dose a bit too much, but if you are going back to normality then it may not be worth adjusting the dose, especially if you are on a long acting basal insulin like Tresiba. However if you are on Levemir, a small reduction in your evening dose might be worthwhile tonight to reduce the risk of another nocturnal hypo and then see how you go and you may well need to put it back up after that. I believe I did suggest a basal reduction might be necessary on your other thread about going away for this trip.
On the whole, I agree with the others that it isn't by a bad trace and I wouldn't be overly concerned about it but as I say I might take steps with an evening Levemir reduction to reduce the risk of another nocturnal hypo at least in the short term until the effects of the increased activity have passed. ie a couple of days.

So yes a little low, did you get up and move about a bit after the low? Or eat anything? Either way, it’s not a terrible graph.
I had some jelly babies then had aftef 15 mi tutex had some more because it was still low i did move around a bit. Sensor may be about to fail again though

Looking back through your posts I am now wondering if I might have got you muddled up with someone else as I can't seem to find your post about going away for this trip. I do however see that you are on Tresiba, so probably not worth adjusting that as it takes too long to have any effect.... unless you continue to get nocturnal hypos, but my bet would be that it is down to being away and will settle when you are into your normal routine.

I had some jelly babies then had aftef 15 mi tutex had some more because it was still low i did move around a bit. Sensor may be about to fail again though
I had some problems with failing sensors, What’s happening with yours? Mine would work ok for about 4 days then just drop low and stay there. I’ve had some other sensors reading high and some low but luckily the batch I have now have been really good… so far.

When you say some jelly babies.... how many? When treating hypos you need to be quite disciplined and if you know how many it took to fix a hypo in certain circumstances or in this case over treat it, then you know you need less next time. I portion them up into 2s and 3s so that I am not tempted to have a handful, particularly when the hypo hunger hits. Was that second reading of 3.6 also a finger prick or was that a Libre reading? Just wondering because Libre almost always reads lower 15 mins later due to the time lag whereas a finger prick will almost always show I have recovered.

There are no icons for carbs or insulin on that graph.... Do you not log those on your Libre. It can help to make sense of what the graph actually shows. I am guessing the rise after the hypo was down to your hypo treatment. For me going up to 12 would tell me that I over treated it but your levels have started to drop again which suggests that your basal dose is taking you down (unless you did a correction for the reading of 12. I would guess that the increased activity (walking and dancing etc) of your time away is making your basal dose a bit too much, but if you are going back to normality then it may not be worth adjusting the dose, especially if you are on a long acting basal insulin like Tresiba. However if you are on Levemir, a small reduction in your evening dose might be worthwhile tonight to reduce the risk of another nocturnal hypo and then see how you go and you may well need to put it back up after that. I believe I did suggest a basal reduction might be necessary on your other thread about going away for this trip.
On the whole, I agree with the others that it isn't by a bad trace and I wouldn't be overly concerned about it but as I say I might take steps with an evening Levemir reduction to reduce the risk of another nocturnal hypo at least in the short term until the effects of the increased activity have passed. ie a couple of days.
Im on trisbria.

When you say some jelly babies.... how many? When treating hypos you need to be quite disciplined and if you know how many it took to fix a hypo in certain circumstances or in this case over treat it, then you know you need less next time. I portion them up into 2s and 3s so that I am not tempted to have a handful, particularly when the hypo hunger hits. Was that second reading of 3.6 also a finger prick or was that a Libre reading? Just wondering because Libre almost always reads lower 15 mins later due to the time lag whereas a finger prick will almost always show I have recovered.
It usally needs the amoumt i had i had 3 then 3 and then 3 a bit it was just one of those wired ones. Where things didnt go as expected. Unless i thought i wauted 15 mintues but didnt. I usully follow it up to but didnt in this case.

I had some problems with failing sensors, What’s happening with yours? Mine would work ok for about 4 days then just drop low and stay there. I’ve had some other sensors reading high and some low but luckily the batch I have now have been really good… so far.
Just saying scan try again in ten mintutes but the others have failed shortey after id it was doing it for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back