Living with a Medtronic Minimed 640g and sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Carelink. Graphs etc & you can print out sheets & see various problems with insulin or too much hard work/patterns.

Yesterday, it was two cannulas that wouldn't work:(. It's inevitable that you think it's something you've done wrong, but I really don't think it was🙄.

The helpline (in the States) told me to always push some insulin through the cannula with the syringe plunger - not to rely on the pump.

Despite the problems I still love this bit of kit.🙂

Sorry to hear you've had 'technical' problems Susan, but glad you haven't lost faith in your little friend 🙂 Do you have a name for it yet? 🙂

I always hold the cannula end up in the air with pump below which proves it is pushing insulin out. Are you still leaving old cannula in ? I have never done that & like a nice clean start. Good luck.

I always hold the cannula end up in the air with pump below which proves it is pushing insulin out. Are you still leaving old cannula in ? I have never done that & like a nice clean start. Good luck.
No, I'm changing the cannula every time.
Why do these things happen when you are very new to things?!🙄 In a few months time I'll take it all in my stride.

Yesterday, it was two cannulas that wouldn't work:(. It's inevitable that you think it's something you've done wrong, but I really don't think it was🙄.

The helpline (in the States) told me to always push some insulin through the cannula with the syringe plunger - not to rely on the pump.

Despite the problems I still love this bit of kit.🙂

Which infusion sets are you using @pottersusan?

I had all sorts of bother with the Quicksets (though I know others that love them) and ended up getting 3 or 4 of all te varieties and trying them all out in turn to see how they fared. For me angled sets work much *much* more reliably than 90-degree sets and give me a much wider choice of location as I can use areas with a little bit less 'padding'.

I'm currently using Silhouettes, but have tried and likes Mio30s too - they just seem more useful for someone who needs to do set changes when out and about to me, and I do almost all of mine at home base, so the extra cost/packaging/plastic of the self-serter doesn't seem worth it for me.

Hope these are just a temporary blip, or that you swap to an alternative cannula/set that suits you better.

Which infusion sets are you using @pottersusan?

I had all sorts of bother with the Quicksets (though I know others that love them) and ended up getting 3 or 4 of all te varieties and trying them all out in turn to see how they fared. For me angled sets work much *much* more reliably than 90-degree sets and give me a much wider choice of location as I can use areas with a little bit less 'padding'.

I'm currently using Silhouettes, but have tried and likes Mio30s too - they just seem more useful for someone who needs to do set changes when out and about to me, and I do almost all of mine at home base, so the extra cost/packaging/plastic of the self-serter doesn't seem worth it for me.

Hope these are just a temporary blip, or that you swap to an alternative cannula/set that suits you better.
Pink Mio - I haven't been given any options apart from the various sizes of Mio.

I suspect my problems are just a blip.

Changed the cannula, sensor and battery yesterday with no alarms (thank goodness🙂)

I don't want to speak too soon, but I may be getting the hang of this:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back