Libre2 scanner v my smart phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that link confirms what I was saying above to @pistolpete.... ie. In order to use both devices you have to start the sensor with the reader .... and then you don't get CGM on either device, they both just act as flash scanners.

Can I use my FreeStyle Libre 2 reader and FreeStyle LibreLink app with the same FreeStyle Libre 2 Sensor for glucose readings?​

If you want to use the Reader and the app on the same Sensor, follow these steps:
1. You MUST use your Reader to start a new Sensor. A Sensor started with the app cannot be used with the FreeStyle Libre 2 reader
2. Once the Sensor is started with the Reader, open your app and scan your Sensor with the app
3. Once the Sensor has warmed up, you can use either the app or the Reader to check glucose for up to 14 days
4. Scan the Sensor with the Reader or app within an 8-hour time period to avoid gaps in data

1703320173867.png
What part of both dont you understand? I have seen it done, I have done it.

Attachments

• 1703319983658.png
    1703319983658.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 1
I have always used the Libre reader, but I managed to lose it (in the wilderness that is my garden 🙄 ) during the summer and booted up an old iphone that I had bought second hand as a back up because my phone isn't compatible. It was right at the time of the changeover to full CGM and thanks to everyone here on the forum, my changeover went very smoothly, but I really hated the phone and the app and after a month I went back to using a reader and I haven't been tempted since. Part of this is no doubt down to not finding the iphone intuitive after using Android for a lot of years, but I love the small, neat, simplicity of the reader and I don't find full CGM any great benefit, plus it occasionally cut out overnight despite the phone being right next to me on the bedside table and it took the phone battery down (maybe partly because it is an old phone) whereas the reader lasts the best part of a week on a single charge. I don't necessarily think that something is better because it has the latest tech. Simplicity and reliability and ease of use are more important to me, so I am sticking with the reader. I don't need full CGM or find it of benefit to me.
ARR I FIND THAT I AGRRE WITH 100% I LIKE AND ALWAYS AHAVE DONE THE READER IT BRILLANT and a lot faster than the phone as you switch it on scan an d done loads of Information to but not as accurate as finger prick blood sugar reading s as it what they LAGES
SOMEBODY SAID NO PHONE ONLY HORSES FOR COURSES WHATEVER WAYWE DO IT BRILLANT MODERN VIC 1957 INSULIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back