Libre2 Faulty, anyone else?

Chickenbrain

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been using Libre2 off and on for a couple of years with no problem but I have had THREE sensors that are faulty in succession. I am self funding and just can’t afford this! I have looked at Trustpilot and Abbot have a poor reputation. I have emailed an email as a formal complaint and got no reply. I know I should phone but think they are going to try to say it’s my fault. Has anyone else had this problem? If so feedback would be useful.

I have been using Libre2 off and on for a couple of years with no problem but I have had THREE sensors that are faulty in succession.
I'm sure that happens (other people have reported similar). They're usually pretty good about replacing faulty sensors (which I think most of us have had, now and again).

I had over 50% failures with Libre 2. Its stressful/frustrating. But in due fairness Abbott replaced every one; the phone team have their procedure that they are obliged to go through (boring ...) but after they've ticked boxes and you've wasted another 30 minutes of your valuable life the replacements arrive. Don't immediately discard the failed sensor; if they want it back they'll tell you and send prepaid packaging.

Ive had 2 faulty sensors and phoned them each time, to be honest there phone team were very good and replaced both
they did ask for the sensor back and sent pre paid packing with the replacement,

You don't have to phone.
I found they are very responsive to reporting using the online form on their website.
I prefer to do it this way because I can report any time, don't have to wait on hold and have a record if any conversation.
They have always replaced faulty sensors reported this way

I prefer reporting it online as well. So much easier than trying to call around work times or trying to remember to call after work. They've always replaced the sensor

As others have said, Abbott will replace faulty sensors if you follow their protocol of ringing the helpline or using the online form, so you should not be out of pocket at all and in fact gain a few days of cover if your sensor fails within the 14 day period.

I just want to add (for balance), that Libre works really really well for me and in 4 years I had maybe one or two failures of the sensor and a few early on where I caught the sensor on clothing or inanimate objects and it got pulled loose. Getting good placement, good skin prep and application technique and using an arm strap has eliminated those issues for me and I don't think I have had a failure in the last 2 years. I do however feel that the phone you use and the software it uses and the LibreLnk App can cause additional issues and I have mostly used the Libre reader which I find incredibly reliable and easy to use, so I think using the phone app introduces increased possibilities/risks of problems/failure.

I just want to add (for balance), that Libre works really really well for me and in 4 years I had maybe one or two failures of the sensor and a few early on where I caught the sensor on clothing or inanimate objects and it got pulled loose.
I've found the same. I've reported maybe 3 or 4 over about 5 years, and one or two more have been enough out that I could probably have got them replaced. But generally they've been reliable for me and stuck sufficiently well not to be a problem.

Hi, mine have been faulty a few times and I have accidentally knocked them off a couple of times so I used first a sticker cover and most recently a strap from amazon. However, I'm now totally allergic to the adhesive which gives me a large rash and swollen arm,hand and face, even with chlorphenamine. I've tried 'glu' but doesn't work for me. I'm now back to 6-8 finger pricks a day. I'm using Bluetooth to record results on my phone (very technical for me as I'm a technosaurus!(dinosaur, in age and technical ability)) it's really devastating. Hopefully they might start using hypoallergenic adhesive soon. Take care x

I have been using Libre2 off and on for a couple of years with no problem but I have had THREE sensors that are faulty in succession. I am self funding and just can’t afford this! I have looked at Trustpilot and Abbot have a poor reputation. I have emailed an email as a formal complaint and got no reply. I know I should phone but think they are going to try to say it’s my fault. Has anyone else had this problem? If so feedback would be useful.
Sounds like you’re being over dramatic, just report online or ring them and they’ll just replace them. If your new to sensors rewatch the training videos in case it’s user error but sounds like you’ve used the odd one before ok.

Hi, mine have been faulty a few times and I have accidentally knocked them off a couple of times so I used first a sticker cover and most recently a strap from amazon. However, I'm now totally allergic to the adhesive which gives me a large rash and swollen arm,hand and face, even with chlorphenamine. I've tried 'glu' but doesn't work for me. I'm now back to 6-8 finger pricks a day. I'm using Bluetooth to record results on my phone (very technical for me as I'm a technosaurus!(dinosaur, in age and technical ability)) it's really devastating. Hopefully they might start using hypoallergenic adhesive soon. Take care x
Why not switch to dexcom one?

As others have said, Abbott will replace faulty sensors if you follow their protocol of ringing the helpline or using the online form, so you should not be out of pocket at all and in fact gain a few days of cover if your sensor fails within the 14 day period.

I just want to add (for balance), that Libre works really really well for me and in 4 years I had maybe one or two failures of the sensor and a few early on where I caught the sensor on clothing or inanimate objects and it got pulled loose. Getting good placement, good skin prep and application technique and using an arm strap has eliminated those issues for me and I don't think I have had a failure in the last 2 years. I do however feel that the phone you use and the software it uses and the LibreLnk App can cause additional issues and I have mostly used the Libre reader which I find incredibly reliable and easy to use, so I think using the phone app introduces increased possibilities/risks of problems/failure.
Thanks. I emailed them and had no answer. I am really fed up. I looked at the online form but it told me to email them! I have had a double bereavement recently and this is stress I can do without.

I prefer reporting it online as well. So much easier than trying to call around work times or trying to remember to call after work. They've always replaced the sensor
I have tried emailing but got no answer. The online form I put under other and it told me to phone up.How long was it to get a reply?

You don't have to phone.
I found they are very responsive to reporting using the online form on their website.
I prefer to do it this way because I can report any time, don't have to wait on hold and have a record if any conversation.
They have always replaced faulty sensors reported this way
I have tried the online form but it didn’t have a place for faulty sensors. I have tried emailing again , how long did it take to get a response?

Sounds like you’re being over dramatic, just report online or ring them and they’ll just replace them. If you’re new to sensors rewatch the training videos in case it’s user error but sounds like you’ve used the odd one before ok.
Well I am sorry if you think I am being over dramatic, but I have been nursing my partner round the clock and my brother and partner both died within twenty four hours of each other. I don’t have a lot of money and phoning up and being in hold for ages and facing a lot of questions has been more than I can cope with. I tried emailing and no response, so the result is for the past couple of weeks or so, at a very difficult time in my life I have had no working sensor. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be extremely fed up, quite frankly.

I have tried the online form but it didn’t have a place for faulty sensors. I have tried emailing again , how long did it take to get a response?
Are we talking about the same form? This is the one I have used: https://www.freestyle.abbott/uk-en/support/sensor-support-form.html

It is a little strange that you must answer the first couple of questions about not losing consciousness and being over 18 before the rest of the questions are exposed but it then asks which is where I would said it is a faulty sensor (error message while scanning).

1718016297637.png

I have never tried just emailing them but have read in the past that emails were ignored.
When, I used this form, I heard back from Abbott within 24 hours and received a replacement sensor within a week.

Are we talking about the same form? This is the one I have used: https://www.freestyle.abbott/uk-en/support/sensor-support-form.html

It is a little strange that you must answer the first couple of questions about not losing consciousness and being over 18 before the rest of the questions are exposed but it then asks which is where I would said it is a faulty sensor (error message while scanning).

View attachment 30527

I have never tried just emailing them but have read in the past that emails were ignored.
When, I used this form, I heard back from Abbott within 24 hours and received a replacement sensor within a week.
Oh thank you but it has an option for sensor falling off, but not for a faulty sensor. I have just posted up here that I have been nursing my partner who was dying at home and then both he and my brother died within 24 hrs of each other. Last week I had to go to two funerals on successive days. I have now had several weeks without a sensor and can’t afford to lose £150. I just haven’t felt up to phoning them as I keep bursting into tears. Any advice as to how you filled in the form would be gratefully received as when I put in other I just got a message to phone them up.

I am sorry you are having such a horrible time at the moment. Dealing with Libre at the same time is not what anyone would want.
I would complete the form by selecting "Error message while scanning" and then complete the following fields.
There are a few technical questions but the little grey "i" symbols explain what is needed. The only question which maybe challenging if you no longer have the sensor sis the one asking for the sensor Serial Number. If you are using the LibreLink app, the serial numbers of the last three sensors are available by clicking the 3 dashes and then selecting "About".

Back