Libre or Finger Prick for carb counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what @digihat was saying is that they had trouble with meter. I've had that meter before and it is very fiddlely it might not be the size of the blood drop just the way it requires you to use it.

Yeah ive had trouble with getting enough blood out of me at times and when i have got some out it not being enough i.e doesn't fill up the strip all way and errors

Yeah ive had trouble with getting enough blood out of me at times and when i have got some out it not being enough i.e doesn't fill up the strip all way and errors
Yeah that's the trouble I have had with it not filling the test strip but as I said I'm not sure if is the blood drops that are the problem just the way it requires you take a test in bring the blood to strip rather then the other way around my current metter actually requires more blood then theses meters but I no problem getting a reading from it.

So I don't think it is getting enough blood that's the problem with these meters just that there filddlly.

I use the number from a finger prick (I’m amazed that so many people can trust their Libre! Eg this afternoon my Libre said 15.4 while a finger prick said 11.8 and I thanked my lucky stars I hadn’t bunged in a correction based on the Libre. o_O :confused:)

I use the number from a finger prick (I’m amazed that so many people can trust their Libre! Eg this afternoon my Libre said 15.4 while a finger prick said 11.8 and I thanked my lucky stars I hadn’t bunged in a correction based on the Libre. o_O :confused:)
If my CGM said 15.4 (or 11.8), I would finger prick due to the known limitations of CGMs. But, if I am able to avoid going into double figures, i can trust my CGM.
I have read advice to check with finger pricks if you are doing corrections for this reason.

I think it does rather depend on your experience of how Libre performs for you, and what your current level and rate of change is.

I used to fingerprick with Libre1 and Medtronic sensors.

Since using the G6 I only cross-check in the obvious circumstances, because Dexcoms are now approved for bolusing

I think it does rather depend on your experience of how Libre performs for you, and what your current level and rate of change is.

I used to fingerprick with Libre1 and Medtronic sensors.

Since using the G6 I only cross-check in the obvious circumstances, because Dexcoms are now approved for bolusing
Yeah with being rather new to all this i was pretty much relying on the Libre 2 means I didn't have to finger prick much. With getting more experienced now and after having a few false flags ive been tracking the difference when having meals. Sometimes they are not too far apart other times it has been 1 adjustment and abit more which depending on my level at the time could send me too low.

Going to have a chat with DSN tomorrow at my check up might just be overthinking all this.

Yeah with being rather new to all this i was pretty much relying on the Libre 2 means I didn't have to finger prick much. With getting more experienced now and after having a few false flags ive been tracking the difference when having meals. Sometimes they are not too far apart other times it has been 1 adjustment and abit more which depending on my level at the time could send me too low.

Going to have a chat with DSN tomorrow at my check up might just be overthinking all this.

I think Libre2 is generally found to be more inline with fingerpricks than Libre1 was, and I believe Libre2 is now rated for bolus doses (aside from when levels are moving quickly etc etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back