Libre NHS Prescription and Libre 2 CGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re taking it too literally. Libre View will confirm that you look at the results in the libre app 8+ times a day. The contract was just written when you had to scan to see any numbers. No DSN in their right mind would say “stop prescribing libre for him because he looks at his bgs in libre app but doesn’t scan to get them when he has no need to scan any more”
I am sure you are right, but I feel like I have to ask because my Libre prescription was based on my signing and abiding by those very defined rules. Even though I agree it would be ridiculous if they removed it because of it, they would be completely in their right to do so.
As i signed a contract, I guess I have to take it literally until told otherwise (though I had kind of forgotten that I actually had signed it until we started this discussion)

I am sure you are right, but I feel like I have to ask because my Libre prescription was based on my signing and abiding by those very defined rules. Even though I agree it would be ridiculous if they removed it because of it, they would be completely in their right to do so.
As i signed a contract, I guess I have to take it literally until told otherwise (though I had kind of forgotten that I actually had signed it until we started this discussion)
Anyway, as best I can glean from this discussion, there is no definite confirmation that the modified Libre in rtCGM mode actually automatically uploads to LibreView. You would expect it to, as a matter of common sense; but that is not something I would take for granted from Abbott.

Anyway, as best I can glean from this discussion, there is no definite confirmation that the modified Libre in rtCGM mode actually automatically uploads to LibreView. You would expect it to, as a matter of common sense; but that is not something I would take for granted from Abbott.
It does. I’ve logged into libre view and can see the data. I’ve also had a hospital appointment where they looked at my libre data and screen shared it with me. Anyone can check that the data is in libre view themselves, it shows how often I opened the app as I showed in screenshot earlier, and has all the graphs of bgs and time in range etc as normal.

It does. I’ve logged into libre view and can see the data. I’ve also had a hospital appointment where they looked at my libre data and screen shared it with me. Anyone can check that the data is in libre view themselves, it shows how often I opened the app as I showed in screenshot earlier, and has all the graphs of bgs and time in range etc as normal.
I'm not trying to challenge you, I'm just not clear about this. Do you need to open the app if you just want to see what your rtCGM is displaying? I ask, since I don't yet have the upgrade to rtCGM, I'm on android and currently trying Dexcom One. But when I am using Libre 2 I have the Diabox app constantly displaying the L2 data, regardless of whether the LibreLink is actually open or not.

I appreciate that you may be opening the app additionally, to record activities such as meals or insulin doses, or other notes. Those app openings would of course show in your LibreView. But if someone has rtCGM do they need to open LibreLink just to see their reading and trend AND if they do need it open to get a reading and therefore had switched off the screen timeout so the app might be open for several hours - does that show as one opening or in some way show as continuously open?

I'm not trying to challenge you, I'm just not clear about this. Do you need to open the app if you just want to see what your rtCGM is displaying? I ask, since I don't yet have the upgrade to rtCGM, I'm on android and currently trying Dexcom One. But when I am using Libre 2 I have the Diabox app constantly displaying the L2 data, regardless of whether the LibreLink is actually open or not.

I appreciate that you may be opening the app additionally, to record activities such as meals or insulin doses, or other notes. Those app openings would of course show in your LibreView. But if someone has rtCGM do they need to open LibreLink just to see their reading and trend AND if they do need it open to get a reading and therefore had switched off the screen timeout so the app might be open for several hours - does that show as one opening or in some way show as continuously open?
I see the reading and trend on my watch (something extra I’ve set up) but I open the app to see the full graph. I suspect leaving the app open shows as multiple scans since libre view says I checked my bg 45 times one day which is probably unrealistic

I suspect leaving the app open shows as multiple scans since libre view says I checked my bg 45 times one day which is probably unrealistic
Probably, though earlier on I had periods where I averaged over 40 scans a day so it's not completely impossible. Pretty unlikely, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back