Libre failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that applying sensors late at night has been really helpful - it's key that the sensors are kept completely dry for an hour or two after applying otherwise I find they just fall off. By doing it late at night, I know I won't be showering, or dying in the heat during the day and sweating it off. Might be worth a go 🙂 for what it's worth, doing it this way I haven't lost a sensor for the last 2 years or so 🙂
I apply them last thing at night too - I hadn't thought in terms of keeping it dry, it's just the most convenient time for me, but of course they do get to settle at a time when I'm not moving about much or having a bath or anything which might effect them. I'm also not gentle about applying them - I do it very firmly and then I hold the applicator in place for a few seconds before removing it very carefully.
I haven't lost one yet, despite my propensity for walking into doorframes and clonking them :D

I haven't lost one yet, despite my propensity for walking into doorframes and clonking them

I've only knocked one off (on a doorframe). I used to use a tegaderm, but after a while stopped (since they stuck fine and seemed to be surviving me bumping in to things). Even after they changed the glue I haven't (so far) had any problems: I find they stick securely enough. Like @TheClockworkDodo I'm careful when removing the applicator (I could imagine that catching and lifting the sensor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back