Libre Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is easy for people to be impatient but you are less likely to be disappointed by looking at a longer time frame but using the information from whatever testing method you are using to made good decisions on your meal choices as once you get those OK in that your meal increases are no more than 2-3mmol/l then you will likely find that overall your readings will start to come down and you will be in the 5 to 6 range before meals and if your meals are OK then your 2 hour post meal will be below 8.5mmol/l.
At least if you are seeing greater increases then you need to be reducing your carbs.
Morning reading are often the last to come down so don't get too hung up on those day to day, look longer term.

It is easy for people to be impatient but you are less likely to be disappointed by looking at a longer time frame but using the information from whatever testing method you are using to made good decisions on your meal choices as once you get those OK in that your meal increases are no more than 2-3mmol/l then you will likely find that overall your readings will start to come down and you will be in the 5 to 6 range before meals and if your meals are OK then your 2 hour post meal will be below 8.5mmol/l.
At least if you are seeing greater increases then you need to be reducing your carbs.
Morning reading are often the last to come down so don't get too hung up on those day to day, look longer term.
I’m starting to see what spikes my BG… believe it or not, added to the food spikes, I’ve noticed that if I go into the garden with the dog, it shoots up 1.0mmol/l but then comes down very quickly when I’m sitting down. I think this is because I have terrible knee pain, I can barely walk. BG shoots up every time I feel pain even if I haven’t eaten so I’m sure it’s linked.

I’m starting to see what spikes my BG… believe it or not, added to the food spikes, I’ve noticed that if I go into the garden with the dog, it shoots up 1.0mmol/l but then comes down very quickly when I’m sitting down. I think this is because I have terrible knee pain, I can barely walk. BG shoots up every time I feel pain even if I haven’t eaten so I’m sure it’s linked.
Initially that makes sense. Pain creates stress and stress elevates BG.

The bit that isn't so easy to explain is the coming down very quickly. Once your liver has been triggered to release glucose from its glucose store, that glucose has to be transferred to cells and muscles, which needs insulin in good working order! But this does demonstrate that your Libre or fp is giving you useful information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back