libre 2

Only barely, though. I could believe it if it was one day, but not as an average over several. I doubt I check mine that often and I have it showing on my watch (so I can just glance at it easily).

I guess we need to know more about how the app/sensor communicate and what counts as a "view". My viewing habits haven't changed since I started with Libre. Just about 2 weeks now.

But that's not plausible, is it? Back in the days of Libre 1 using the Reader, it said I was averaging ~40 times a day. That was regarded as a lot.
If you leave the app open all day it could be as each updated bg may count. I tend to open the app for a second, have a glance, then get on with my day. Or I glance at my watch which wouldn’t count because it’s pulling from the follower app.

I have averaged 30-35 scans a day with the reader since I started using Libre 4 years ago. It is very consistent even though I don't have any set strategy for those 30-35 scans. I just do it when I want a bit of information or reassurance or just curiosity.
I have just checked this function on my LibreLnk app from when I used my phone with the sensor for a few months and it suggests I did 132 scans or views per day over the past 90 days and that is with me only doing a few scans with my phone since I went back to using the reader just over a month ago, so maybe only 20 or so scans with the phone in the last 30 days (not per day) and because I started these last 3 sensors with the reader, I have to scan to use the phone . I see no reason why the phone app would cause me to check my levels at least 4 times more frequently than I have with the reader for the previous 4 years unless the app makes me totally paranoid 🙄 , especially as I suspect that the 30+ scans a day I naturally do when using a reader is probably a bit excessive and I can't understand how the LibreLink app calculates all these "views" and "scans!" and suspect there may be some duplication going on somewhere in it's calculation of it, so I would very much dispute the figure it gives as being anywhere near reliable.

I do think you’ve all gone way off topic from the OPs question, and so I hope haven’t scared or confused them off.

The answer to the original question is that you need to open the app and look at the bg at least 8 times every day for T2 libre funding. Before having the libre you need to be on insulin and fingerpricking 8+ times a day. You don’t have to continue fingerpricking 8+ times a day once you have libre though, it replaces that and you can just look at the BG instead.

I have averaged 30-35 scans a day with the reader since I started using Libre 4 years ago. It is very consistent even though I don't have any set strategy for those 30-35 scans. I just do it when I want a bit of information or reassurance or just curiosity.
I have just checked this function on my LibreLnk app from when I used my phone with the sensor for a few months and it suggests I did 132 scans or views per day over the past 90 days and that is with me only doing a few scans with my phone since I went back to using the reader just over a month ago, so maybe only 20 or so scans with the phone in the last 30 days (not per day) and because I started these last 3 sensors with the reader, I have to scan to use the phone . I see no reason why the phone app would cause me to check my levels at least 4 times more frequently than I have with the reader for the previous 4 years unless the app makes me totally paranoid 🙄 , especially as I suspect that the 30+ scans a day I naturally do when using a reader is probably a bit excessive and I can't understand how the LibreLink app calculates all these "views" and "scans!" and suspect there may be some duplication going on somewhere in it's calculation of it, so I would very much dispute the figure it gives as being anywhere near reliable.

If the sensor is responding every minute to the active app then it's plausible. However the app doesn't know when it's being viewed and is running 24/7 on my iPhone, so the readings should be even higher. More needs to be known about the app/sensor protocols. I suspect it's not really important however.

If you leave the app open all day it could be as each updated bg may count. I tend to open the app for a second, have a glance, then get on with my day. Or I glance at my watch which wouldn’t count because it’s pulling from the follower app.

If you have an iPhone then to open the app means to restart it. Otherwise it's always on but not visible. A half screen upwards finger pull will reveal all the open apps in sideways scroll format. I bet most people don't even know that all these viewed apps are still open. I didn't until I looked for them.

The answer to the original question is that you need to open the app and look at the bg at least 8 times every day for T2 libre funding. Before having the libre you need to be on insulin and fingerpricking 8+ times a day. You don’t have to continue fingerpricking 8+ times a day once you have libre though, it replaces that and you can just look at the BG instead.
Almost certainly, and it used to be the same for Type 1. That was before it became a CGM, so the reader or app was counting scans which was the only way to read BG. I wonder if the requirement just hasn't been adapted yet? But the principle was that they didn't want to offer it to people who weren't (for whatever reason) using the thing.

If you have an iPhone then to open the app means to restart it. Otherwise it's always on but not visible. A half screen upwards finger pull will reveal all the open apps in sideways scroll format. I bet most people don't even know that all these viewed apps are still open. I didn't until I looked for them.
That’s a bit condescending, pretty much everyone knows basic things like this. its opening the app ie having it show the bg as the main thing on the screen that the OP must do 8+ times a day to fulfil libre commitments.

Back