Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea thanks @Lucyr

I might try it with my mum’s phone tomorrow, if I can remember the password for my account
You should be able to reset the password if not. If it scans fine on your mams phone, then could be a phone problem and might be best to start the next sensor with your reader. If it doesn’t scan on your mams phone then it’s probably a dodgy sensor.

Has allow Bluetooth to access Shuggah been switched on? I use Shuggah to send Libre readings to my watch & I have to turn Bluetooth off on Libre- I can still scan it with phone. Just thinking if you were trying Shuggah the Bluetooth maybe switched on to allow it instead of allowing Libre to access Bluetooth. You can’t have both Libre & Shuggah accessing Libre together.

Has allow Bluetooth to access Shuggah been switched on? I use Shuggah to send Libre readings to my watch & I have to turn Bluetooth off on Libre- I can still scan it with phone. Just thinking if you were trying Shuggah the Bluetooth maybe switched on to allow it instead of allowing Libre to access Bluetooth. You can’t have both Libre & Shuggah accessing Libre together.
I’ve got LibreLink Bluetooth switched off - I’ve turned the alarms off and I don’t know if there another setting for it. I’ll have another look

You should be able to reset the password if not. If it scans fine on your mams phone, then could be a phone problem and might be best to start the next sensor with your reader. If it doesn’t scan on your mams phone then it’s probably a dodgy sensor.
I’ll start the next sensor with the reader, a good chance that my phone wouldn’t scan it anyway

Hi

I know loads of people have had issues with Libre 2 not scanning. My phone has just stopped scanning it. It’s an iPhone SE (2020) but I am still getting alarms.
I have a reader but this sensor has only been in use since yesterday and my meds order won’t be ready until tomorrow.

Any ideas on what to do? I’ve closed and reopened the app a couple times and restarted my phone and that hasn’t helped.

Do you think I would be fine to use Shuggah even though it is unofficial?
This is exactly what was happening to me. Someone linked my post in another forum here. I’d suggest visiting an Apple shop if one is near you and ask them to check NFC. I don’t understand why the latest update messes up NFC, but it totally screwed up mine. Alarms still worked as they are via Bluetooth. Abbott were happy to replace the sensors I’d used to test things. Hope you can get it sorted. Abbott even sent me a new finger testing kit, as they and initially myself too, thought the problem was theirs, rather than Apple’s.

This is exactly what was happening to me. Someone linked my post in another forum here. I’d suggest visiting an Apple shop if one is near you and ask them to check NFC. I don’t understand why the latest update messes up NFC, but it totally screwed up mine. Alarms still worked as they are via Bluetooth. Abbott were happy to replace the sensors I’d used to test things. Hope you can get it sorted. Abbott even sent me a new finger testing kit, as they and initially myself too, thought the problem was theirs, rather than Apple’s.
Thanks, my nearest Apple store is 19 miles away and the only way to get their is by train so it’s not really an option. I’ll contact Abbott later and see what they say and contact Apple if need be

Thanks, my nearest Apple store is 19 miles away and the only way to get their is by train so it’s not really an option. I’ll contact Abbott later and see what they say and contact Apple if need
I hope Abbott are able to help. Though I'm not sure they will be able to really help. Guess that sounds quite negative. It's not that they won't try. They suggested a lot of things for me to try while on the phone weight them. I did everything they asked, such as deleting the app and reinstalling it, turning Bluetooth off and on, and rebooting the phone. The person I spoke with was very amiable, but if it is Apple related, unfortunately, it's beyond their knowledge base.

I hope Abbott are able to help. Though I'm not sure they will be able to really help. Guess that sounds quite negative. It's not that they won't try. They suggested a lot of things for me to try while on the phone weight them. I did everything they asked, such as deleting the app and reinstalling it, turning Bluetooth off and on, and rebooting the phone. The person I spoke with was very amiable, but if it is Apple related, unfortunately, it's beyond their knowledge base.
My mum let me set up her ApplePay on my phone to test it so I’m going to do that now.

If it is my phone I’m still going to have to use the reader as my phone is well out of warranty

I’ll contact Abbott after I’ve seen if it is the NFC

My mum let me set up her ApplePay on my phone to test it so I’m going to do that now.
That's good of her. Hoping it works proving the phone is okay and thus it is Abbott's problem.
If it is my phone I’m still going to have to use the reader as my phone is well out of warranty
Even though your iPhone is out of warranty, if the update busted NFC there may be some way of getting Apple to replace your phone, as they messed it up by the update, it"s not just worn out. Maybe you could explain you know of other people who have had similar problems and had their phones replaced.

That's good of her. Hoping it works proving the phone is okay and thus it is Abbott's problem.

Even though your iPhone is out of warranty, if the update busted NFC there may be some way of getting Apple to replace your phone, as they messed it up by the update, it"s not just worn out. Maybe you could explain you know of other people who have had similar problems and had their phones replaced.
It is my phone, tried to use ApplePay in Costa and it just wouldn’t work.

Will contact Apple

Phoned Apple, they were helpful with trying to solve it. Then the person asks if I could download LibreLink on my iPad - iPads don’t have NFC. I’m going into an Apple Store on Sunday and they’ll run full diagnostics on the harddrive

Plus the meds order wasn’t ready today so still sensorless

Last edited:
I started a new sensor today with the reader. I know for quite a few people it takes awhile for the sensor to “bed in” but for me it normally reads well straight away. It’s insistent that I’ve been either hypo or in the low 5s the whole time since 4 this afternoon. Libre 5.2 and finger prick 10.0

I’ll give it until tomorrow morning to sort itself out. Or I’ll have to change it.. school is difficult without alarms and an accurate sensor

Hi

I know loads of people have had issues with Libre 2 not scanning. My phone has just stopped scanning it. It’s an iPhone SE (2020) but I am still getting alarms.
I have a reader but this sensor has only been in use since yesterday and my meds order won’t be ready until tomorrow.

Any ideas on what to do? I’ve closed and reopened the app a couple times and restarted my phone and that hasn’t helped.

Do you think I would be fine to use Shuggah even though it is unofficial?
Hi Lily,
I have experienced exactly the same thing today (27th Feb), i have tried a new sensor and wont scan too but on my wife’s phone (Samsung Galaxy A41) it works…. Does anyone know where the NFC is on iPhone SE as I can’t find it anywhere but the sensor has worked for a couple of years…

Hi all,
I have experienced exactly the same issue (feb 27th), my iPhone SE will no longer scan. It’s been fine for the past few years but finally gave up today.
in terms of NFC, apparently this is permanently enabled on iPhone and you can’t disable it
my wife’s phone (Samsung galaxy) it works…
I’ll try phoning diabetic consultant office and Abbott tomorrow, yey!!!

Hi all,
I have experienced exactly the same issue (feb 27th), my iPhone SE will no longer scan. It’s been fine for the past few years but finally gave up today.
in terms of NFC, apparently this is permanently enabled on iPhone and you can’t disable it
my wife’s phone (Samsung galaxy) it works…
I’ll try phoning diabetic consultant office and Abbott tomorrow, yey!!!
Unfortunately, and I know this sounds very pessimistic, I don't think your diabetic consultant office or Abbott will be able to help, apart from replacing any sensors used, as the problem is with NFC on your Apple phone. I think the only possible other help they may be able to give is for them to contact Apple to persuade Apple to replace the SE phones that no longer have NFC since installing the latest update, whether in warranty or not. My phone was still under warranty so once tests were run at the Apple shop, which proved NFC was broken, they replaced it for free. All has been fine since, even with the latest update. No idea why the update broke NFC on my old iPhone SE, though not the new one ‍♂️.

Partner writing here:
2 days after starting L2 sensor with her OnePlus A3003 android 8 ; I learned about the updates to librelink app so went ahead, uninstalled librelink app, and re-installed the latest from play.google.com. This did mean that all the data that the app saved and used to calculate say HbA1c levels over 90 day had been deleted from the phone, and then She managed to scan sensor only 2ce with phone. Following that got the ref '233' scan errors forever; so she had to change to a new sensor. The phone would not then start or scan the new sensor, and showed that there was still 12 days left on old sensor. As this happened Sunday She was a little bit panicky - with no readings and expecting being without for a time but:-

Resolved this by installing the latest app on partner's phone which logged into her libreview account ok and then in started the new sensor from partner's phone, alarms working and all. Abbotts have agreed to send a replacement L2 sensor.

Since then after a day or more her 1st phone acknowleged there is a problem and offered to start the new sensor, but declined that as sensor already running on partner phone.

With hindsight on this: if you want to update the librelink app - best do that after old sensor ends; and note that you lose the history from the phone. The historical data though should have been saved by the libreview uploads automatically over wifi or if your data is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back