Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I think I may have another duff sensor, it was all good for about a week, but now it's saying my levels are 3 and under when they are 5 and above, maybe just the hot weather affecting it, but I think it might be on the way out.

I'm the same. My sensors are usually within 1 mmol of BG which is great for me but the last few days this one has dropped to consistently 2mmols below, so showing me in the red A LOT and I refuse to eat carbs just to placate my Libre so I ignore those red readings!! TIR stats are shot as a result. Got 5 days to go and trying to decide if I will muddle on with it as it is quite consistent but going through a lot of test strips to double check and now mostly ignoring it shouting "Wolf" so hope I don't get caught out. Obviously if I feel hypo I will double check but I am just bolusing off the reading it gives me +2 and that seems to be working OK.
Got an appointment coming up with my consultant next month and there may be a raised eyebrow about my "Low Glucose Events" and TIR. Thankfully he is pretty chilled about such things as he knows I know what I am doing, but it is more than a bit annoying. Still I have to balance that with the huge benefits Libre brings and that most of my sensors are really accurate. If this one wasn't consistently 2mmols lower I would definitely report it and get a replacement, but so far it is reliably out, if you know what I mean.

I'm the same. My sensors are usually within 1 mmol of BG which is great for me but the last few days this one has dropped to consistently 2mmols below, so showing me in the red A LOT and I refuse to eat carbs just to placate my Libre so I ignore those red readings!! TIR stats are shot as a result. Got 5 days to go and trying to decide if I will muddle on with it as it is quite consistent but going through a lot of test strips to double check and now mostly ignoring it shouting "Wolf" so hope I don't get caught out. Obviously if I feel hypo I will double check but I am just bolusing off the reading it gives me +2 and that seems to be working OK.
Got an appointment coming up with my consultant next month and there may be a raised eyebrow about my "Low Glucose Events" and TIR. Thankfully he is pretty chilled about such things as he knows I know what I am doing, but it is more than a bit annoying. Still I have to balance that with the huge benefits Libre brings and that most of my sensors are really accurate. If this one wasn't consistently 2mmols lower I would definitely report it and get a replacement, but so far it is reliably out, if you know what I mean.
Glad it's not just me then, I've had to turn all the alarms off as it was getting annoying, using test strips for bolusing, as according to my sensor, I should be in a diabetic coma by now

I should mention that mine is the original Libre without the alarms not the Libre 2 but yes mine has also been giving me the "LO" reading when a finger prick showed that I had just dipped into the red at 3.8.

Sensor still giving extremely low readings, 2.5 - 3.2 , phoned Abbott and a new one is being sent out .

Another quirk with all CGM sensors that measure interstitial fluid is that they can show incorrectly low readings if you become even partially dehydrated. I’ve had 2 such false lows in the past week. I don’t think that’s the issue here, necessarily, but I just mention it as something to keep in mind during this hot weather…

Another quirk with all CGM sensors that measure interstitial fluid is that they can show incorrectly low readings if you become even partially dehydrated. I’ve had 2 such false lows in the past week. I don’t think that’s the issue here, necessarily, but I just mention it as something to keep in mind during this hot weather…
Yes, I thought that might be an issue, but have been drinking copious amounts of water, so ruled it out. I asked Abbott if it could be down to the extreme heat, but they just said they will send a replacement, in the meantime I will keep this one on my arm in case it comes back to life

Reported mine this afternoon too although mine isn't as bad as yours but 4.4 on the Libre was 7.5 with a finger prick this afternoon when I tested before going out to drive, I have been managing at a push with it reading 2 mmols lower but 3 mmols out is just no good. I don't want to apply a new one until tonight before bed when hopefully it is cooler and has chance to adhere and bed in overnight and start it tomorrow, so like you I am just leaving this one for now but used nearly half a pot of test strips since Friday with it reading low so much!

Well, my sensor died at 4.30 am this morning after giving me 2 consecutive "LO" readings which I ignored. Applied new sensor late last night and left it to bed in before activating it mid morning and first reading is 4.4 and finger prick gives 4.9 so I am much happier with that. Fingers crossed it remains that way. Funny how getting a duff one knocks your confidence a bit.

Well, my sensor died at 4.30 am this morning after giving me 2 consecutive "LO" readings which I ignored. Applied new sensor late last night and left it to bed in before activating it mid morning and first reading is 4.4 and finger prick gives 4.9 so I am much happier with that. Fingers crossed it remains that way. Funny how getting a duff one knocks your confidence a bit.
Mine died when I got up this afternoon ( I work nights ) ,I will give it a day or so to cool down then put on a new one.Screenshot_20220719-150612.jpgScreenshot_20220719-150612.jpg

Not a great start for the new sensor, gave it 24 hours to bed in before starting it , but so far reading much lower than fingerprick, hopefully it will settle down tomorrow

Not got my replacement from Abbott yet but the spare that I put on is reading about 1mmol low, sometimes a little more. Just hoping it doesn't drift any further out.
Fingers crossed yours settles down soon.

Not got my replacement from Abbott yet but the spare that I put on is reading about 1mmol low, sometimes a little more. Just hoping it doesn't drift any further out.
Fingers crossed yours settles down soon.

They don't hurry do they, rang Abbott Monday still waiting & not had email to say it's on way.

They don't hurry do they, rang Abbott Monday still waiting & not had email to say it's on way.

They used to be dispatched more promptly than this this a year ago I am sure. I never look out for the email because previously the sensor has arrived before the email saying it is on it's way.

They used to be dispatched more promptly than this this a year ago I am sure. I never look out for the email because previously the sensor has arrived before the email saying it is on it's way.

Sure they were dispatched quicker your right, mind volume of people using device now compared to years before won't help matters, still no excuse really.

Sure they were dispatched quicker your right, mind volume of people using device now compared to years before won't help matters, still no excuse really.
I rang them on Monday, got my email today, saying it had been despatched, my spare sensor seems to be going the same way as the last one, not sure if it's down to placement as I find the exact placement instructions to be a bit vague, but that's probably just me , will replace it when the other one arrives.

Tip is to cleanse skin with alcohol wipes then allow to dry before applying, Abbott did once supply them but stopped for some reason, cheap to buy on likes of ebay amazon.

Tip is to cleanse skin with alcohol wipes then allow to dry before applying, Abbott did once supply them but stopped for some reason, cheap to buy on likes of ebay amazon.
Yes I do that, it's not an adhesion problem as they stick like limpets and put up a hell of a fight when removing them, I just wonder if I am putting them in the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back