Libre 2 Sensor Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placement seems important, as moving my arm and doing any sort of activity seems to cause major disruption with the readings.
That is surprising as I do quite a bit of physical work with my arms cutting hedges manually, grooming horses, mucking out etc and don't have any problem with my Libre in that respect.

Good stuff, I've worn sensor on chest with great results, hope it continues for you.
Same great results, now four days in. Largest deviations have been +/- 1.0 mmol. Given that I can get that difference with different fingers on the same hand, i'd say this one is working very well indeed (touch wood).

it's been very useful in identifying overnight lows, then I gradually adjust basal. If I can get the sensors to work accurately consecutively then it'll be a real game-changer.

it's been very useful in identifying overnight lows
Take care with reported overnight lows. These may be compression lows - false lows caused by pressure being applied to the sensor when you lie on it.

Take care with reported overnight lows. These may be compression lows - false lows caused by pressure being applied to the sensor when you lie on it.
thanks, but thats been accounted for (now), because now it's on my chest and not my arm, and I don't skeep sleep on my chest. Almost always on the side or on my back.

Last edited:
it's been very useful in identifying overnight lows, then I gradually adjust basal. If I can get the sensors to work accurately consecutively then it'll be a real game-changer.

Must admit it is so beneficial overnight for adjusting basal rates, like my sleep & hated waking to test bg, so libre fits beautifully to fulfill that need.

this one has retained its accuracy very well so far. it has eight more days left in it according to the app

On a side note I have just started using the bolus calculation detailed in the “Think like a Pancreas” book, I.e. taking into account correction, trend and insulin on board. So far so good, but wouldn’t it be nice if the Libre app had this built in
The Libre reader has this ability after a finger prick as long as you use it to enter insulin and carbs. It is in the "professional" section of settings but you could google the code

The Libre reader has this ability after a finger prick as long as you use it to enter insulin and carbs. It is in the "professional" section of settings but you could google the code
Do you mean the android app or the dedicated reader device? I can't find this setting in the android app

The dedicated reader has a port to take Freestyle Optium tests strips, for glucose, and separate ones for ketones.

The dedicated reader device, you would use it to test the finger prick blood. Not sure an android phone can read a test strip, iPhone can't

The dedicated reader device, you would use it to test the finger prick blood. Not sure an android phone can read a test strip, iPhone can't
ah sorry it wasn't clear to me that it'd need to directly read the blood (rather than entering or reading data in via some other source)

ah sorry it wasn't clear to me that it'd need to directly read the blood (rather than entering or reading data in via some other source)
Yes, that's what the Libre reader requires. Which is annoying, but I presume that was the requirement from the FDA (or some other body).

(There exist other bolus calculators where you can enter readings. I used one for a bit but just gave up after a while since it just wasn't useful enough. Now I just calculate in my head, with the occasional help of a calculator.)

The 'Reader' actually is a pretty intelligent device. You can set different ratios for different times of day, but you have to use it for your main input device. I guess most 'youngsters' prefer to use a smartphone

The 'Reader' actually is a pretty intelligent device. You can set different ratios for different times of day, but you have to use it for your main input device. I guess most 'youngsters' prefer to use a smartphone
I think the readers are being discontinued so if you're newly prescribed Libre you won't have an option. (The non-smartphone option seems to be an Android thing that's basically a smartphone with just the LibreLink app.)

In an alternative timeline I could imagine connected pens (like the Novopen Echo Plus) came out 5 or 10 years ago, and then when Libre came out it would be natural for the Reader to be able to just scan those. In that case the Readers would be rather more natural to use. (Compared to smartphones their screens suck as input devices.)

There is an attachment for an iPhone which allows it to read test strips.

Cool, will look into it
I think a few members have used AgaMatrix Jazz meters. (Not sure about the Jazz Wireless 2 (which is the Bluetooth variant) but I assume it's basically the same, but where you can use a phone app to read the results.)

(I can't see any sign that their app has a bolus calculator, but maybe it (or one of their partners) does.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back