Libre 2 bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
once there is a break in the connection it won't re-connect until you do a scan. I guess it's a power saving, constant retry issue.
I have been scanning with and without signal loss alarm on. If its turned on thats when i get the notification that alarms are unavailable

I think though if you turn signal loss alarm off you may not get the high or low alarms but I may be wrong with that one.
You can independently turn on and off the high alarm, the low alarm and the signal lost alarm.
Turning any of them off has no impact on the other alarms: if you really wanted, you could enable the high alarm only.

The downside to turning off the signal lost alarm is that you do not know that you need to rescan the sensor to get the high and low alarm - Libre does not automatically reconnect when it finds the signal again.

Why not use the OOP2 option with Libre 2, xDrip and no need for MM?
No need to scan and nothing to recharge.
the main reason i returned to libre1 is because librelink kept dropping the connection with xdrip every time i wanted to read BG values on xdrip and got p____st of waiting for it to reconnect sorry for the language but thats how i felt.

The downside to turning off the signal lost alarm is that you do not know that you need to rescan the sensor to get the high and low alarm
I'd turned off the signal lost alarm but left the others on. I thought i'd messed it up and would have to wait until the next sensor.
Today in work, i've been scanning as i usually do and this afternoon an alarm went off. It was the high alarm, going off. I thought i'd turned off bluetooth after yesterday but obviously not.

Why not use the OOP2 option with Libre 2, xDrip and no need for MM?
No need to scan and nothing to recharge.
How does this work?

I am unable to connect the Libre 2 sensor to my bluetooth (OnePlus 6T). I've already tried this with 3 sensors. Every setting is as it should be (location, bluetooth, NFC on and battery optimalisation is off). But the sensor never connects to bluetooth.

There's no official '' how-to '' for this, as far as I know.

Came across xDrip with OOP2 and tried it, read a lot about it .. but it does not work. LibreLink keeps popping up even though I forced it to stop.

Hi sorry you having trouble are you starting the sensors with librelink if you start it with the reader you will only be able to use the reader when using xdrip you must let xdrip find the the sensor do not use bluetooth on your phone to connect to xdrip ,when i first starting using xdrip about 4 years ago i had a lot trouble connecting but learned how it works but it was well worth the trouble i would be lost without the app it is in my view a far better app it has so many useful settings and flexibility,have you tried looking on Github site for help good luck.

All this tech just passes me by. I just use the basic stuff provided by Abbott’s, for the simple reason that LibreLink is how the Hospial Diabetes Team monitor my journey. I’m just happy that if I set my phone to use the alarms, my watch will also give me alerts, but that’s just Apple doing the thinking, not me.😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back