Libra 2 sensors stopped working

DancingStar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
My last two Libra 2 sensors have stopped working less than 24 hours after I've applied them and the app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy A12) gives me a message telling me to replace my sensor.

Both times the sensors have been stuck very firmly onto the back of my upper arm - they haven't been knocked out of place.

Is this coincidence and I've just had 2 dodgy sensors in a row? Could it be a problem with the App? Whatever it is, it's frustrating.

Sorry you have experienced issues with Libre. Some times they do just fail. Sometimes it seems as if there is a dodgy batch
I hope you are reporting these problems to Abbott so they can replace them for you and, hopefully investigate the trends.

My last two Libra 2 sensors have stopped working less than 24 hours after I've applied them and the app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy A12) gives me a message telling me to replace my sensor.

Both times the sensors have been stuck very firmly onto the back of my upper arm - they haven't been knocked out of place.

Is this coincidence and I've just had 2 dodgy sensors in a row? Could it be a problem with the App? Whatever it is, it's frustrating.
Definitely report this to Abbott

I'm reluctant to apply another sensor until I know what the problem is. Looks like I'm back to finger pricking until tomorrow.

I'm reluctant to apply another sensor until I know what the problem is. Looks like I'm back to finger pricking until tomorrow.
I wouldn’t be reluctant, just go ahead and apply the next one, but definitely speak to Abbott, I’ve only been using CGM since July and have had a problem with a few of them,
from my experience I found they are quite willing to replace them if it looks like their is a problem with the sensor.

I had one recently that just wouldn't maintain its connection. I called Abbott and was walked through adjusting the settings on my phone and a refresh of the app. I didn't work but I was impressed that the technical side was thoroughly explored. It might work for your problem if you get someone on the line who can walk you through it. If not just get them replaced.

Fill in the online form - they will replace it - sent two back in the last 4 months with less than 2 days to go on each (1st one was losing signal and 2nd one was reporting ridiculously low readings) - they'll probably send you a Libre 2+ one as replacement

I had two in a row fail and was starting to get a bit paranoid but that was a couple of weeks ago and no more problems since. As someone said I think you just get defect batches occasionally.

Do report it to Abbott, as they will be able to ask you about lot numbers etc, and will be keeping an eye out for any batches or lots that seem to be misbehaving. They can also troubleshoot your set-up and perhaps offer some pointers. Your phone software hasn't updated recently has it?

@SimonP was also noting some reasons and frequencies of sensor failures here:

Following a few recent vast differences between the LibraSensor & my finger prick check, I reported to Abbot (this time via a email) they emailed me back and requested I phone them
I just spoke to them and they are replacing the suspect sensor

Ive had a few in the relatively short time that I’ve been using CGM that have been suspect,
but only one totally fail,Abbot have also suggested I next time I change sensor
I actually log out & delete both their apps / re-download them and log back in, they are assuring me the information will remain within LibraLink Up but think just in-case I will do that post my hospital visit next Tuesday (Diabetic Consultant) incase he wants to have a glance through

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpeg
    IMG_2994.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3001.jpeg
    IMG_3001.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 6

This happened to me I re downloaded the app and always been good after that

Back