Levels always high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear they have changed you to a basal/bolus system. Well done on pushing for that.

I totally agree with @gll above, that logging when he takes his insulin and how much and when he eats his food and the carb count of the meal and when he takes his other medication or goes for a walk or other exercise, if he is able, will all be helpful in figuring out how best to manage his levels and is something I do as a matter of course on my Libre, but is particularly important in the early days of trying to sort out the correct doses.

Fiasp is one of the quickest acting insulins and is the one I currently use. It works very speedily for some people but it is still quite sluggish for me and at breakfast time I still need 45mins between injecting and eating breakfast (prebolus time). Your husband might just need a few mins, so start low and gradually increase the time until the spikes level out and remember that he is likely to respond quicker to it at other times of day than breakfast and with Fiasp, I find that it takes much longer if my levels are high to start with. It can also respond very quickly to exercise, so a walk after a meal can drop levels quite quickly and sometimes catch you out, but can be useful if levels are already running high.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back