Lets Hear It For Northerner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Northerner, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in the race on 25th - your a star for doing this and raising so much money for JDRF!

I dont have a pretty picture to put up for you so just imagine a pair of clapping hands!!!!!!!:DBev and Alex xxx

Good luck in the race I hope it goes well for you :D

Emma x

Good-Luck.gif

good luck keep up the good work

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I seem to have picked up a bit of a cold, which is a bit of a worry. I've been feeling under the weather for the last couple of days, but have also noticed my insulin requirements have climbed quite a bit - about 25%, but my levels have still been a little on the high side - 7.x instead of 4.x.

Hopefully, it will all be OK by Sunday!😱🙂

You're sure to be well for Sunday. I hope you're well for Sunday.

Good luck Northerner, hope you are feeling better.

oops, it looked much smaller on my laptop :D

How did you know what I was going to be wearing?:D

I suppose the good news is that the cold has been getting worse as the day goes on. With me, they usually follow the rule '3 days coming, three days here, 3 days going' and I think this is the first day of the '3 days here', so should be on its way out by Sunday. Rather annoying though, as I was supposed to be going out for my last 'confidence run' this morning, but felt too tired and jaded (this is the run that is supposed to give you confidence that you are ready to run the full race!).

Whovever guessed the longest finish time might be in luck!😱😉

Oh, eek, you poor thing! Thank goodness you have OODLES of confidence to keep you going...!

Hope it's two days here, two days out. Or fewer!

Best of luck.

Good Luck hope it will ok on the Day and you are well enough ,and remember to set your watch back one hour on sat night.

Good Luck hope it will ok on the Day and you are well enough ,and remember to set your watch back one hour on sat night.

Thanks for the reminder Donald - I keep forgetting! I suppose the worse that could happen is that I turn up an hour early!😱😉

sometimes I can never remember if it is forwards or back

BST to GMT on OMM

How can anyone forgot that clocks go back this weekend - it's the OMM! OK, I realise that not everyone is involved with OMM / KIMM, but I've only missed 2 years since 2001, one because I was in the Falkland Islands, and one because I really didn't fancy a second drive to south Scotland in 2 years, when the previous year had only involved driving from Newcastle upon Tyne, instead of East Anglia!
I'm assuming everyone knows about BST and GMT, but for info about OMM, please see my post in Exercise / Sport.
Hope you have a great run, Northerner, but take it easy!

How can anyone forgot that clocks go back this weekend - it's the OMM! OK, I realise that not everyone is involved with OMM / KIMM, but I've only missed 2 years since 2001, one because I was in the Falkland Islands, and one because I really didn't fancy a second drive to south Scotland in 2 years, when the previous year had only involved driving from Newcastle upon Tyne, instead of East Anglia!
I'm assuming everyone knows about BST and GMT, but for info about OMM, please see my post in Exercise / Sport.
Hope you have a great run, Northerner, but take it easy!

Thanks Copepod - it's really a bit of a Sunday stroll compared to the OMM! Having said that, it will be a challenge this year, as it was last, as I have very little experience of running 10 miles with diabetes - the last time I ran that far was in the 2008 Great South Run!🙂

If anyone wants to watch it on the telly, it's on Channel 5 from about 10:30. I will be the one near the back being passed by the chickens and the squaddies pulling the landrover...😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back