let down by the pharmacy AGAIN!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
WE CHANGE GRHAM METER About 1 month ago very happy so we told the pharmacy to keep the strips [at least 2 pot ] because this is what we will use twice they needeed to be order this morning i really lost it they didnot have any when i told the them last week the i was due today to come to collect the prescription then the same time my gp was in the pharmacy then i REALLY COMPLAIN BECAUSE I STILL NOT HAVE THE STRIPS PRINTED ON PRESCRIPTION i went and look in other pharmacy so next week i am going to change the pharmacy after 3 times you think they would understand that i can wait a weekend without the strips lucky the other pharmacy had them they really make my day😡😡

Sorry to hear of this poor service, good to hear that you've found a pharmacy that can do as you ask! I always get my new strips when I have 100 remaining to give myself a good margin for incompetance...!🙂

Hiya Graham's mum,

Sorry to hear the trouble you were having with the pharmacy.....Glad you have found another one that was more helpful🙂. I usually order Nathan's strips when I have 100...2 pots left...because a couple of times they had to be ordered in for him..

Heidi
🙂

Sorry to hear of this poor service, good to hear that you've found a pharmacy that can do as you ask! I always get my new strips when I have 100 remaining to give myself a good margin for incompetance...!🙂

woah that's loads northerner, how many do you get per month? I might have to ask for more because I always run out lol

woah that's loads northerner, how many do you get per month? I might have to ask for more because I always run out lol

Well, I use about 6 a day so in a month about 180. I get 200 on my repeat - was originally 100 but I got fed up of going every couple of weeks and my lovely doctor kindly increased it for me. TBH, I'd rather get 1000 at a time, but I think they might suspect you of selling them on ebay if you did that!

how many do you use a month? usually i order the one for graham every 20/25days only 100 and he does 5/6 test per day at school!!

hei northner i wont your GP!!!!!:D

Hiya Graham's mum,

Sorry to hear the trouble you were having with the pharmacy.....Glad you have found another one that was more helpful🙂. I usually order Nathan's strips when I have 100...2 pots left...because a couple of times they had to be ordered in for him..

Heidi
🙂

lucky you as well how many do you use a month ??

Well, I use about 6 a day so in a month about 180. I get 200 on my repeat - was originally 100 but I got fed up of going every couple of weeks and my lovely doctor kindly increased it for me. TBH, I'd rather get 1000 at a time, but I think they might suspect you of selling them on ebay if you did that!

I get 150, think i started with 100 too. I dont think I go back to the pharmasist often enough though. I'm going to the drs soon so I will ask if I can have an extra box 🙂

I get 150, think i started with 100 too. I dont think I go back to the pharmasist often enough though. I'm going to the drs soon so I will ask if I can have an extra box 🙂

me to as well for graham considering what is using at school i dont think the GP should moan

pharmacy strips and GP

last week i put down in big letter on graham prescription that i need 250 stris every 4 weeks and at my surprise they were ready at the new pharmacy to collect hoorray!!!!! has anybody has prescription for 250 or more??:D:D

horray for them being ready for you

gosh no i go through 100 every 2 month and even that surprises my pharmacy one time i needed more and i had to use another meter with another set of strips cause they had none in stock!

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having.,I get 400 at a time. And I've been getting them very regularly in the last few months! I'm testing sooooo much at the moment, about 7 times a day on average. I think I need to cut down 😱 My GP's great. But a fellow diabetic so I guess I'm cheating a bit 😛

We get 500 at a time and if we go away on holiday I get double. I always take three times as many things of everything that we need away. My daughter is tested minimum of 10 times per day, sometimes more if hypo or hyper.

i believed that on a pump you would test less

No not necessarily, who told you that, our lovely (cough cough) DSN by any chance. Don't believe a word of it, she knows nothing 🙂

Also don't forget that my daughter is very different from a typical type 1 child with diabetes so she needs lots of testing anyway. The children with sensors which work well need less testing. I look at the sensors overnight sometimes rather than testing overnight.

Hiya

We get 300 on prescription every 4 weeks. We test Rose anywhere between 8 - 12 times a day....

Hiya

E tests minimum 6 times a day, usually more like 8 or 10. We get 200 strips at a time, so the trips aren't so frequent. We have a gp like Northerner's -- very sensible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back