Last chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t give up @spell You can reduce some of those things. Everything’s a compromise. There are people here who are far more invested/interested in their Type 1 than me, but they do what works for them and I do what works for me without letting the diabetes take over control.

You can do a minimum amount and still keep the b****** on its leash.

Don’t give up @spell You can reduce some of those things. Everything’s a compromise. There are people here who are far more invested/interested in their Type 1 than me, but they do what works for them and I do what works for me without letting the diabetes take over control.

I am doing the minimum Inca, just living off background insulin from the pump.

Are you on a closed loop now @spell ?

That could really help you, if you’re at the the end of your tether with diabetes.

Closed loop from Epson, ha, not in this life, they need to save money so if that means somebody dies so be it

Closed loop from Epson, ha, not in this life, they need to save money so if that means somebody dies so be it

I think you’d have a pretty good case under the current guidelines. Especially if your HbA1c is a little off target

I heard a presentation from a consultant who was gathering research evidence that showed that one of the groups of people with T1 who can see most benefit from HCL were those who were in that ‘giving up’ place.

I know it can feel like a bit of a mountain to climb trying to jump through the hoops, but perhaps that would give you something to focus on, rather than the diabetes itself?

It’s worth asking - they can only say no.

Does your clinic know you feel unable to bolus manually for things at the moment?

I think you’d have a pretty good case under the current guidelines. Especially if your HbA1c is a little off target

I heard a presentation from a consultant who was gathering research evidence that showed that one of the groups of people with T1 who can see most benefit from HCL were those who were in that ‘giving up’ place.

I know it can feel like a bit of a mountain to climb trying to jump through the hoops, but perhaps that would give you something to focus on, rather than the diabetes itself?

It’s worth asking - they can only say no.

Does your clinic know you feel unable to bolus manually for things at the moment?
I'm not fighting anymore, as you say end of tether well and truly reached,let diabetes do it's job

Don’t think of it as fighting - just asking for the help you need.

Help that can make things easier and less of a struggle for you.

That’s something at least, but unless you’re using your basal to partly cover the missing boluses and eating very low carb, then you just need to do a little more. Have some bolus even if it’s not quite enough.

I know you’ve got other problems but I can’t stress enough how crap high sugars make you feel. They mess with you physically, mentally and emotionally.

I too think a loop would be a good idea. Hopefully it would take some of the load of you as well as helping your sugars. I don’t see why you shouldn’t have one. Have you asked?

That’s something at least, but unless you’re using your basal to partly cover the missing boluses and eating very low carb, then you just need to do a little more. Have some bolus even if it’s not quite enough.

I know you’ve got other problems but I can’t stress enough how crap high sugars make you feel. They mess with you physically, mentally and emotionally.

I too think a loop would be a good idea. Hopefully it would take some of the load of you as well as helping your sugars. I don’t see why you shouldn’t have one. Have you asked?
Oh I've asked. I don't need the stress anymore I give up

Could you get a Dexcom CGM that you could loop with? A friend has used a DIY loop for some years with good results.

Please don’t give up.

Could you get a Dexcom CGM that you could loop with? A friend has used a DIY loop for some years with good results.

Please don’t give up.
If you don't want to do something anymore you give up, like smoking.

I don’t think life is anything like smoking @spell There’s always hope, even if you think there’s not.
I'd rather be smoking than living with this bag of shit disease. Hope is just an irrational concept we tell ourselves when nothing else works

The minimum amount like you suggest is still doing it, I'm no doing it.
I need to feel free

I'd rather be smoking than living with this bag of shit disease. Hope is just an irrational concept we tell ourselves when nothing else works.

No, Hope is always inside us. You can’t dispense with Hope. You can hide it and ignore it but it’s still there.

Yes, diabetes is crap but it’s not something to throw your life away over. Perhaps how you’re feeling generally is making the diabetes harder to bear.

The minimum amount like you suggest is still doing it, I'm no doing it.
I need to feel free

Free? You have the whole world out there @spell Yes, diabetes is a stupid and annoying companion but it doesn’t take away a large chunk of your freedom. Think of it as like going on holiday with an annoying friend. You can put all your focus on how annoying and tedious your companion is, and obsess and brood over it, letting it take over your whole mind. Or - you can acknowledge your companion is an utter pain in the bum and still enjoy your holiday.

Which you do is your choice. You’re giving the diabetes too much headspace. Deal with it and focus on better things.

Free? You have the whole world out there @spell Yes, diabetes is a stupid and annoying companion but it doesn’t take away a large chunk of your freedom. Think of it as like going on holiday with an annoying friend. You can put all your focus on how annoying and tedious your companion is, and obsess and brood over it, letting it take over your whole mind. Or - you can acknowledge your companion is an utter pain in the bum and still enjoy your holiday.

Which you do is your choice. You’re giving the diabetes too much headspace. Deal with it and focus on better things.
?, diabetes the annoying prick companion would get stabbed in the face and left to die. It's nothing to do with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back