Laptop for Medtronic 780G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiRi80

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I'm new here, so not sure if I'm doing this right.
I'm on waiting list for a Medtronic 780G pump and will be starting the training for this in a few weeks.
I don't own a laptop, and have been told I need one so I can upload pump data for my diabetes team.
I don't know what laptop I need to get.
Like Wether it needs to be a specific one for this, or can I get any kind of laptop?
Please can someone help as I need to get one soon.

Hi I'm new here, so not sure if I'm doing this right.
I'm on waiting list for a Medtronic 780G pump and will be starting the training for this in a few weeks.
I don't own a laptop, and have been told I need one so I can upload pump data for my diabetes team.
I don't know what laptop I need to get.
Like Wether it needs to be a specific one for this, or can I get any kind of laptop?
Please can someone help as I need to get one soon.
What are you using to post on this site? As that will do 🙂 you do not need a lap top a desktop will do.

What are you using to post on this site? As that will do 🙂 you do not need a lap top a desktop will do.
May be using their phone?

I am using a 780G. I have the Medtronic Minimed app on my phone and it is linked to a Carelink account that I set up. My team at the hospital are able to access my downloads which happen every day at midnight. I can also do a download during the day if I want to. I don’t need to use the lap top unless I want to look at the graphs, although small versions of these are visible on my phone too. I did have to buy a new phone as I had an old android that was not compatible.

It took a bit of time for things to get settled for me after some early hiccoughs but I now run at around 90% time in range. I found extended periods of exercise difficult to sort out initially but that is working well now.

If you have any difficulties the phone support is excellent, and if there are any issues that arise with sensors they have always replaced them. So far so good for me.

I hope your pump start goes well.

I am using a 780G. I have the Medtronic Minimed app on my phone and it is linked to a Carelink account that I set up. My team at the hospital are able to access my downloads which happen every day at midnight. I can also do a download during the day if I want to. I don’t need to use the lap top unless I want to look at the graphs, although small versions of these are visible on my phone too. I did have to buy a new phone as I had an old android that was not compatible.

It took a bit of time for things to get settled for me after some early hiccoughs but I now run at around 90% time in range. I found extended periods of exercise difficult to sort out initially but that is working well now.

If you have any difficulties the phone support is excellent, and if there are any issues that arise with sensors they have always replaced them. So far so good for me.

I hope your pump start goes well.
The app doesn't work on my phone. It's only a year old too still have another year on contract before I can get a new one. I have a Sony 5, but only works on a Sony 1 their advice says. Not good

Using my phone. Diabetes nurse said I can't use phone, to upload the data
Well you can 🙂 go to the medtronic website it shows you how to download carelink and as @SB2015 uses her phone, I'm sure you can as well 🙂

The app doesn't work on my phone. It's only a year old too still have another year on contract before I can get a new one. I have a Sony 5, but only works on a Sony 1 their advice says. Not good
have you tried downloading the app?

well try it and see what happens
I have tried. My phone isn't compatible and stuck in contract until next year so can't change it yet I've found a cheap basic laptop that runs windows 10, so hopefully that will work

Another option is to try Diasend see if that's compatible with your phone.

I hoe that the lap top works.

Another option is to try Diasend see if that's compatible with your phone.

Uploads to Diasend were via laptop too, last time i used it. The phone app was for reviewing data you had uploaded via USB. Plus not all hospitals run Diasend unfortunately. :(

Hope the laptop works for you.

Seems odd that the hospital are making you invest in this though @RiRi80 . Could they upload when you attended clinic? Or is it because of Covid-style remote appointments?

I hoe that the lap top works.
Me too thanks for your help ☺️
Uploads to Diasend were via laptop too, last time i used it. The phone app was for reviewing data you had uploaded via USB. Plus not all hospitals run Diasend unfortunately. :(

Hope the laptop works for you.

Seems odd that the hospital are making you invest in this though @RiRi80 . Could they upload when you attended clinic? Or is it because of Covid-style remote appointments?
The nurse said they like the info before appointments which is why it needs to be uploaded.
The whole process seems complicated, and I probably wont end up passing the training anyway. The training is being done by video so it's going to be hard for me to understand things. I find it easier face to face. I get very confused with things, so chances are they won't give me one once they realize I'm dumb during the virtual training sessions lol.

I’m sure you’re not dumb @RiRi80 ! We all understand things in different ways so don’t be afraid to ask them to repeat themselves or explain more clearly.

I’ve had a pump for many years (not Medtronic) and have never had to upload anything before appointments nor been told I had to have a laptop. Personally I don’t think that’s a reasonable request.

Maybe my hospital is different, or just like being awkward lol. I'm going to have to take plenty of notes when they're explaining things. I really hope I can understand it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back