Lantus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the explanation Heidi.

I think the problems with lantus have been discussed here before a few times. I have some issues with it but find that it does infact give me pretty good control, so its all about weighing things up. And if Nathan is having significant problems which it sounds like he is then I think it's right to look into the possible alternatives.

I assume you've checked out this website http://www.iddtinternational.org/ but for anyone else they promote choice for patients and campaign for animal insulins to remain avaliable.

Have these symptoms been investigated in their own right? Or has the assumption been that it is related to the lantus? Hope that you can find something that suits and works for Nathan.

Hi Nikki..

When I ask for an explanation as to why etc....I usually get..its a phenomenon..I'm doing something different...Its Nathans age...Its may be just how Nathans body is etc etc..Never a clear answer, if you understand..I agree that when Nathan fist started on Lantus..it has given him good control and cannot fault it for that...As with most thinks what works for one may not for another..When I challenge could it be the Lantus..it's instantly dismissed as a potential cause.

I feel Nathan cannot go on like this with the problems he is having the loss of hypo awarness..is a main concern for me..

Thank you for the Link..I have had a good look on the website, and have found it very informative..

Heidi
xx🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back