ketones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear I have low level ketones again, only 0.4, but this is not good if it is happening all the time.

My blood sugar is up at 15 at the mo. I had a carb free lunch to check my basal which went from 7.0 at 12:30 to 8.5 at 15:00. I decided at that point to have a couple of cereal bars which I injected for (at my lunch time ratio) and a correction dose as I was hungry. I shot up to 14.7 at 16:30 when I had an 8 unit correction and is now 15.4.

I am not sure whether to have another correction. I know the insulin I had at 16:30 will still be working and I have to drive home soon, which makes me think I should wait awhile, but having ketones terrifies me.

Thank goodness I am not at work tomorrow - taking the car to the garage for its MOT instead though which is also stressful.

oh dear so the omlette did not improve things can you not put the MOT of the car off while your not at your best you dont want to be doing to much stressful activity xx

Too soon for another correction Rachel, I would have thought, especially before driving home. Take care, hope things are down in single figures (but above 5!) when you get home. 🙂 Sounds like basal might need adjusting?

I wouldn't do another correction if it was me, because even the dose you gave at 3pm will still be working a bit. Then with the insulin from 4:30 you would be overlapping 3 doses which could land you in problems. Hope that it starts to come down soon.

Thanks guys, I know logically it makes sense not to have another correction yet, but I am feeling a bit panicy.

I think I will be on the phone to the clinic tomorrow.

Unfortunately the cars MOT is due on Monday, so I really cant put it off. Just hope it passes. I will stick my belly out as much as possible and hopefully they will do it first for me, so I dont have to wait too long.

Its a blinking nightmare being a pregnant diabetic. So much to cope with. It does sound like you need to increase your insulin as this is where you start to get insulin resistance. Less stress may also be a good thing. Easier said than done i know.

Get on the blower to the DSN in the meantime and enjoy your day off.....and.....relax 🙂

Bernie xx 🙂

I should have had another correction I was still at 11.9 at 7:45 before dinner. I had my dinner jab 20 mins before eating so hopefully I should not get too much of a post meal spike.

I should have had another correction I was still at 11.9 at 7:45 before dinner. I had my dinner jab 20 mins before eating so hopefully I should not get too much of a post meal spike.

Hey Rachel, you're doing the best you can - hope you get some nice levels later on. What do you think about the 11.9? What correction might you have given?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back