Keto diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
But many type 2 DO limit their fruit in a way you seem determined to gloss over, both in type and quantity

Point is very few if any members exclude fruit altogether as there's no need to as there's any amount that are low in carbs, so in essence can be included in most diets I'd imagine.

Point is very few if any members exclude fruit altogether as there's no need to as there's any amount that are low in carbs, so in essence can be included in most diets I'd imagine

Point is - you imply fruit is unlimited in T2 management and for many that’s simply not true.

Point is - you imply fruit is unlimited in T2 management and for many that’s simply not true.

Just point to where in thread I imply that, reading back I don't & never have, in fact don't give dietary advice to either type 1s or type 2s for that matter & certainly don't recommend quantities of any foods or food groups to anyone.

Well if this forum is an example of wider T2 community then don't see many, if any excluding fruit in their diets, be them on meds or not.
No one used the words “excluding fruit” except you. Those of us who eat this way limit or reduce fruit. Your phrases take it to an extreme that we don’t necessarily follow or mean.
Exactly @rebrascora , still eat fruit nonetheless.
You take a comment saying limited berries on a carb diet and change it to “oh so they eat fruit” which implies multiple and more than what we saying. Again it’s you saying (totally) exclude fruit not us.

It’s fine if you want to eat fruit and bolus for it. But it very much sounded like you were advocating diet controlled T2 should eat whatever fruit they want.

No one used the words “excluding fruit” except you. Those of us who eat this way limit or reduce fruit. Your phrases take it to an extreme that we don’t necessarily follow or mean.

You take a comment saying limited berries on a carb diet and change it to “oh so they eat fruit” which implies multiple and more than what we saying. Again it’s you saying (totally) exclude fruit not us.

It’s fine if you want to eat fruit and bolus for it. But it very much sounded like you were advocating diet controlled T2 should eat whatever fruit they want.

Right so you can't point to where I amply that fruit should be unlimited for type 2's, maybe in future choose your words more carefully my friend.

Tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers - all fruits.
Aubergines and avocadoes are actually berries.
Hi Drummer it's franthepotter. That makes sense my side as the above in quantity are lifting my bloods. So I'm 4 kg down but after 2 months of good control my o erall levels have lifted !!! I'm not spiking at all which is good but now!my daily line in above 6.5!! I've had 3 stressful events so am thinking that could be the cause. What's your take on thos? It could be me falling off the wagon a bit with Brazil and almond nuts. Thx fran

Hi Drummer it's franthepotter. That makes sense my side as the above in quantity are lifting my bloods. So I'm 4 kg down but after 2 months of good control my o erall levels have lifted !!! I'm not spiking at all which is good but now!my daily line in above 6.5!! I've had 3 stressful events so am thinking that could be the cause. What's your take on thos? It could be me falling off the wagon a bit with Brazil and almond nuts. Thx fran
It could actually be a good sign, that of metabolic normality returning.
As you have reduced the spikes in glucose the poor hysterical pancreas is no longer frantically hurling out all the insulin it can, whilst being ignored, as insulin levels go down cell membranes become more permeable and stored carbohydrates begin to flow out. Whilst a type 1 uses a basal insulin to reduce blood glucose long term, the exact reverse is happening in type 2 management - at least that is how I visualised it happening.
In a little while you might get false hypos as your sensitivity to your own insulin increases - that is also a good thing.
Brazil and almond nuts should not disrupt glucose control - for me it is all about the carbs.

As you have reduced the spikes in glucose the poor hysterical pancreas is no longer frantically hurling out all the insulin it can, whilst being ignored, as insulin levels go down cell membranes become more permeable and stored carbohydrates begin to flow out. Whilst a type 1 uses a basal insulin to reduce blood glucose long term, the exact reverse is happening in type 2 management - at least that is how I visualised it happening.
In a little while you might get false hypos as your sensitivity to your own insulin increases - that is also a good thing.
Brazil and almond nuts should not disrupt glucose control - for me it is all about the carbs.

What on Earth does this mean????

What on Earth does this mean????
it is usually expressed a bit more obscurely - two quotes on the subject;
Although insulin stimulates a vast array of responses in its target tissues skeletal muscle, adipose tissue and the liver, they all appear to be initiated by an interaction between insulin and a protein receptor located on the cell membranes of these tissues.
Insulin stimulates GLUT4 translocation to the cell membrane, which increases glucose uptake in cells, and achieves glucose homeostasis

Right so you can't point to where I amply that fruit should be unlimited for type 2's, maybe in future choose your words more carefully my friend.
I just did that. Imply doesn’t mean outright said it.

I’m done with this conversation

it is usually expressed a bit more obscurely - two quotes on the subject;
Although insulin stimulates a vast array of responses in its target tissues skeletal muscle, adipose tissue and the liver, they all appear to be initiated by an interaction between insulin and a protein receptor located on the cell membranes of these tissues.
Insulin stimulates GLUT4 translocation to the cell membrane, which increases glucose uptake in cells, and achieves glucose homeostasis

That's the mechanism by which glucose gets into cells, from a high concentration outside to a low one inside... you were talking about 'stored carbohydrates begin to flow out'??

That's the mechanism by which glucose gets into cells, from a high concentration outside to a low one inside... you were talking about 'stored carbohydrates begin to flow out'??
Yes - insulin reducing, the process reverses.

Hi Drummer thx so much for being there. I think I've passed the hiatus and plateau and now am getting used to low carb.

I'm nearly lost 10 percent of my body weight. I was 67 kg and now am 62 so I'm on the way.

I'm also beginning to workout the difference between hunger and sugar lows which is good. I eat to keep my bloods stable. No longer with a cgm. Now have a blood finger prick monitor. Onwards.

Low carb is so normalizing.
My waist is never going to be 24 inches around again, but I am no longer spherical. Today we had a beef casserole for dinner and the horse radish sauce had been pushed right to the back of the bottom shelf of the fridge - but I could bend over reach in and get hold of it!! No pain as my liver pushed my lower ribs out, no going dizzy or seeing stars.
Things do seem to be improving all the time, but then it did take years to get into the state I'd reached at diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back