Just started the path to remission program

I am in week 6 and lost 9kg. Managed to reduce my blood sugar to 4.2 before I was taken off metformin as I started to get get low blood sugar symptoms. I am finding it ok but struggling with the lack of energy so not being able to really exercise.
Week 6 of what? What program are you on?

I am finding it ok but struggling with the lack of energy so not being able to really exercise.
I found that when losing weight on my real food version of the Newcastle Diet. Fixed it with extra protein (whey powder). A slice of wholemeal bread helped with exercise (e.g. walking).

I haven’t been diagnosed with T2 but I did get told I had prediabetes.

In 3 months since diagnosis, I’ve dropped blood sugar from 42 to 35. If I keep this up, I should delay onset although I’m pretty sure I am going to get T2 at some point in my life.

My diets really about intermittent fasting and cutting out carbs and eliminating junk food. I eat a lot of eggs, chicken and salmon. I remember I got the sweats when i cut my fizzy cola habit. After that, haven’t really gone back to refined sugar.

I’m so used to eating little that I find it hard to overeat. I tried to increase my calories to put on muscle but find it difficult to eat more.

I think once you get used to eating fewer carbs, diet becomes more manageable. I just pretend it’s like being lactose intolerant, just with carbs.

I do need my carbs becos I go gym. Would highly recommend resistance and strengthening training. Even for 30min. And definitely recommend 13k steps per day. Great way to exercise without thinking

The best part about my new lifestyle is I actually feel great. My body fat is less than 15% and it feels amazing. I feel motivated, confident and happier. I hope I can continue this lifestyle going forward.

Good luck to anyone on the NHS plan.

Back