Just received an amusing letter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there is a cure for diabetes, I wish someone would tell us. I had one that was just as good, a letter from BT adressed to me telling me that if I didn't pay my bill they would summons me. I wrote back saying they could both cut me off and summons me, I'd be happy to see them in court. I didn't hear any more.

I get periodic letters from BT giving me special offers to tempt me back to using their service. I've been using BT in this house since I bought it nearly eight years ago...🙄

I get periodic letters from BT giving me special offers to tempt me back to using their service. I've been using BT in this house since I bought it nearly eight years ago...🙄

I forgot to add we don't have BT and haven't had it for over 15 years, and it has never been me who is responsible for paying the phone bil, just the size of it.

DSCF0033.jpg

My diabetes is due to expire,
I?ve got about three years remaining,
For my friend got a letter that implied she?d get better,
And we all found it most entertaining!

Bureaucracy dictates that our diabetic fates
Lie in answering just one simple question,
?Since last you applied, please confirm or deny
Can your pancreas cope with glucose ingestion??

Could it be, all along, that the doctors are wrong,
And diabetes is not a lifetime affliction?
Tick the right box ? you?re cured, that?s one diabetic fewer,
And you won?t need those horrid prescriptions!

It?s a ?no? then from me ? I am diabetes-free,
And I?m off to the pub for some drinking!
And I?ll eat what I like with no fear of a spike!
Dr Banting, what on earth were you thinking?

:D

I saw that on your blog, and was quite amused, Northe 🙂

BTW, I have been meaning to mention how freaking CUTE your current avatar is!

Thanks Becky, this one made it into tudiabetes 'most popular' blog posts, which I'm rather proud of! Pigs, especially piglets, are the cutest creatures and I've always loved them!🙂

Our records show that your medical exemption certificate entitling you to free NSH prescriptions is about to expire.

If you still have the condition declared on your original application for an exemption certificate, please complete the form...

-------------

Sorry, It made me LOL :D
Maybe one day 😉

I have had one of them.. when I applied for Employment Support Allowence you have to send off a docs note with it and my doc said theres no chance of it changing (diabetes and one hand) so he put it for the max of a year.... only they didnt tell me they could only do it for 6 months for the first one so doc had to write another one for a year after, Hopeing i come off it before its due again but if not ive saved myself bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back