Just Need To Moan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s accu chek aviva strips you need I have loads spare due to my meter being dodgy and getting a new one, welcome to have them as backup
Thanks that very kind of you Lucy, BUT I gave my Aviva meter to my MIL and my expert is also dodgy 😳 xx

Are you sure the American Next strips are no good? I've bought a pot off Amazon every now and then when I want to test more often (on holiday/boating, mainly) and sometimes they've been ones that say Medicare only or some such on the box. They work fine! (I've none spare at the moment or you could have had them with pleasure)

Hope it all works out for you x

Its Contour Next strips, the 100 my friend had sent for me are American so useless 🙄 xx
I have a load spare will post them to you 🙂 Will catch post tomorrow after I have walked her ladyship.

Are you sure the American Next strips are no good? I've bought a pot off Amazon every now and then when I want to test more often (on holiday/boating, mainly) and sometimes they've been ones that say Medicare only or some such on the box. They work fine! (I've none spare at the moment or you could have had them with pleasure)

Hope it all works out for you x
I've tried numerous strips in both my in use meter and spare meter and they just keep throwing errors, I assumed it was because they were American but if they work for you it must be that it's just a faulty batch or they hadn't been stored correctly etc :( xx

I have a load spare will post them to you 🙂 Will catch post tomorrow after I have walked her ladyship.
Awww thank you so much Sue, you are a star! But only if your sure and up to it! Of course her ladyship is top priority! I hope the weather is to her liking and you don't have a fight on your hands! :D xx

Awww thank you so much Sue, you are a star! But only if your sure and up to it! Of course her ladyship is top priority! I hope the weather is to her liking and you don't have a fight on your hands! :D xx
It's no problem, even though I didn't order any test strips due to having plenty for some reason I ended up with a double load from the pharmacy.
Waste not want not is my motto.
Her ladyship has taken on a new lease of life due to the vet prescribing her paracetamol. Even though I threatened to reduce them it has fallen on deaf ears so now behaving like an overgrown pup and at 40kg it's an eye opener to say the least 😎 😱

It's no problem, even though I didn't order any test strips due to having plenty for some reason I ended up with a double load from the pharmacy.
Waste not want not is my motto.
Her ladyship has taken on a new lease of life due to the vet prescribing her paracetamol. Even though I threatened to reduce them it has fallen on deaf ears so now behaving like an overgrown pup and at 40kg it's an eye opener to say the least 😎 😱
If your needing anything for them just let me know!

I love how labs never really grow up, although I've come across a few that are also clumsy so when they are bounding towards you at top speed you start to panic and wonder if they are going to be able to put the breaks on in time! 😱 xx

Last edited:
You should try that with bloodhounds!! We used to have two and talk about clumsy and clueless and, yes, at full lumbering pelt you stood no chance.... 🙂 they wers so lovable though.

Ahh, a previous life...

You should try that with bloodhounds!! We used to have two and talk about clumsy and clueless and, yes, at full lumbering pelt you stood no chance.... 🙂 they wers so lovable though.

Ahh, a previous life...
Miss Milly had it explained to her from 8mths when she was rehomed with me that all 4 feet stayed on the ground, no matter how norty she tries to be she knows that knocking into me or jumping up is not an option. Having an 85 year old Mum plus elderly neighbours I can not and will not allow her to jump up. On the whole she is very good though and her best moments are when she plays with children with special needs. In the past I've had children knock on the door to ask if Milly would like to come and play football with them (didn't ask me just Milly lol) Latest was her sitting in a cart attached to a go-kart and being taking for a ride around the estate. Was very cute, lady muck springs to mind lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back