• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Just joined

Youngt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello fellow peeps with diabetes. I am new to the forums but not to having type 1 - 17 years.

MrDaibetes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I hope all is well, are you on a pump or injections?

brisr949

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am on injections. Waiting to see a consultant for consideration of a pump, but lockdown has got in the way of that.
Good to hear that you will be given access to a pump. Sorry that you have a delay in setting this up, but it will be worth the wait. In the mean time you could have a look at a couple of books, Pumping Insulin and Think Like A Pancreas. Bothe well worth reading, although some of it will only make sense once you have got going with the pump.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
welcome to the forum @Youngt1

We have quite a few pump users here, who can share their experiences (some have decades of pump user under their belts!) and support you when you start - and answer any questions you have beforehand.

Many manufacturers are arranging online ‘virtual’ pump starts and training for people who aren't able to go into clinics :)