Just back from clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news that NiVZ,

Can't advise on the hypos because they don't happen to me.

Have a great weekend - it sounds as though you will.

Best Wishes - John

Scottish Wan Dae adventure racing

Hi NiVZ
If you're in the central belt, you might like to try the Scotish Wan Dae series of one day (surprise, surprise!) adventure races for solos / pairs / teams of 3 or 4 - www.scottishadventureracing.com
Next race is today - Sat 19th Sept 09 - Pentland Hills (just south of Edinburgh for anyone unfamiliar with the area - not NiVZ!)
Not sure of next dates, but previous races have been at Isle of Arran and Drumlanrig Castle. If interested, sign up for email newsletter.

Hi NiVZ,

I'm a Type 2 so I try to keep away from advising Type 1s because the situation is so very different. As you say a move in the right direction but you really could do with your HbA1c being quite a bit lower to keep away from diabetic complications.

I'd be looking to take some of the carbohydrate out of your diet - cereal, bread, chips, crisps and certainly biscuits. In my opinion, swapping crisps and biscuits for fruit would certainly be a great move.

Best wishes - John

I am Type 1 , and I follow a very Low Carb / Restricted Carb diet :D , I have only possitive things to say about it . I have reduced the amount of Insulin I have to take and have lost the weight I gained from "feeding my Insulin" with the Carbs I was told to "fill up" with 😱 It is esier than people think to eat a healthy diet that is Low Carb .Good luck with getting your HbA1c lower for next time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back