Jessica won award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrienne

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Jessica has won a Children of Courage award and will be awarded it at the Pop 4 Diabetes ball this Saturday evening in Bournemouth. She has won the Christopher Hall Memorial award.

This is a new award and Christopher Hall's story is very very sad. It happened this August. Here is the link, be prepared for tears

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...e_honoured_at_diabetes_charity_event/?ref=rss

The judges said of Jessica :

"The judges felt that Jessica deserved to be recognised for the positive way that she deals with her hyperinsulism. A tough condition at the best of times but to continue her life with positivity and to keep doing the things she loves is a real inspiration."

OK magazine will be there along with the TV etc. There will be some famous faces but don't know who yet.

Very excited and extremely proud. Jessica however is terrified.

🙂🙂

That is a very sad story.

Jessica's award is fantastic news, congratulations to Jessica - you must be so proud of her. 🙂

Hi Adreinne that is fantastic news very well done to little jessica what a worthy winner of such an award, you must be proud as punch, all the children who have diabetes and have to deal with it all are truly amazing themselves.She will be fine about it really, kids are more recilient then we think you more then most know that xx

keep us posted hun..

P.s that story of the little boy christopher is a heart wrencher xx I remember a thread on here about it

congratulations on the award for Jessica and YOU!

You must be very proud

😛 I am one very proud mum and she does deserve. Just an awful story of why the award has come about though.

Thanks guys.

Congratulations to Jessica ... It'll be such a boost to her for being recognised for the positive attitude she's showing everyone ... that story was so emotional!! I'm sat with my tissues!! XxXxX

Congratulations Jessica.

Your must be very proud of you:D

Well done Jessica.

Great news about Jessica.
Many courage awards, right up to Victoria Cross, are given after death - but I'm sure Christopher's mum and all bereaved relatives of award winners would give it all back for the relative to be alive.

Congratulations! :D

Well done Jessica!

We live in Bournemouth but I didnt know that was on - wish we had. Hope the day goes well x

Well done Jessica!:D

Congratulations to Jessica ... It'll be such a boost to her for being recognised for the positive attitude she's showing everyone ... that story was so emotional!! I'm sat with my tissues!! XxXxX

I love your byline at the bottom. So true. 🙂

Thats great news Adrienne, for bot you and Jessica. Well done.

Susch a sad, sad story of the lovely looking young kid in the article you linked too. Its very fitting to have a memory of him like that.

well done Jess, big hugs from me and matt!

Many congratulations to Jessica, and YOU Adrienne for the way you have dealt with her 'diabetes with bells on' 🙂 You are both a terrific inspiration and help to others - well deserved!

awwww i can feel your proudness coming through the internet 🙂 it's so lovely to have some nice happy news on here!

so pleased for you all.

well done Jessica!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back