JARDIANCE with Metformin and exeecise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Nic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All.
Newbie here. I currently train twice a week (Spinning and Karate) and have been taking one tablet a day of JARDIANCE and three a day of SR Metformin. This has been ok so far. However, I have now added a kickboxing session and gym session with weights. Any one else taking this combination of medication and not having low sugar levels? What do you normally eat before and after a gym session? Did not feel brilliant the other night. Had cold sweats and just felt crap, didn’t do much yesterday at all. Any suggestion would be appreciated. T2 Diabetes.

Did you take a reading?

I don't think 'hypos' are a side effect of that combination, but maybe exercise can cause a bit of a low anyway.

It should go back up naturally. I quite often get down into the low 4s (Only on 500mg of Metformin) after a walk/run, but after a while it's back into the 5s.

The JARDIANCE (keeps printing in. Capitals) can cause lows. Was advised at the start of my diabetes journey (only on Metformn then, that would do not have to take readings). Was going to ring the GP tomorrow and ask for a device, strips amd needles. Only been taking both since September 2022. Think for my own peace of mind, I need to take readings. X
Felt tired all day yesterday.

Yes, you should test if you think you are having lows.

Being tired could also be a sign of high blood sugar. Did your GP add another drug to help bring levels down?

The NICE guidelines say it can cause lows when used with insulin and sulfonylureas:

Common or very common​

Balanoposthitis; constipation; hypoglycaemia (in combination with insulin or sulfonylurea); hypovolaemia (more common in elderly); increased risk of infection; skin reactions; thirst; urinary disorders; urosepsis

Yes - I'm on Jardiane and metformin and have noticed this tiredness. Does reduce after a while (been on the combo over a year now).

Yes - I'm on Jardiane and metformin and have noticed this tiredness. Does reduce after a while (been on the combo over a year now).
Did it affect your blood sugar levels in the night. Thank you for replying. I am happy with the combination and losing weight.

Hi. Yes it causes some wide shifts in my BS. About four hours after evening meal I get low BS (between 4 and 5). I can also get waves of tiredness. I find a small amount of carbs (eg- one digestive biscuit) will sort me out about 20 minutes after eating.

That’s wh
Hi. Yes it causes some wide shifts in my BS. About four hours after evening meal I get low BS (between 4 and 5). I can also get waves of tiredness. I find a small amount of carbs (eg- one digestive biscuit) will sort me out about 20 minutes after eating.

Thank you. That is what I have been thinking. Glad it’s not just me. Is this the same after exercise ?

Yes pretty much so. I find I feel better overall if I have an apple or suchlike at a midpoint int my exercise session. Seem to balance out my energy levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back