I've got a stinking cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypauly

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
And sore throat:(

What can I take that will not mess up my levels?

What can I take that provides an instant cure?

I'm not a doctor so could be manflu😱

Thanks in advance.

Take plenty of fluid, try and eat so you can continue with your medication.

If you are able, things like paracetemol will reduce a temeprature. You may need to check up on this, but I was told things like beechams hot lemons and lem sip contain so little sugar it makes hardly any difference, but they also contain paracetemol so you can't take paracetemol tablets too.

Your local pharmacists if you have one nearby will be able to help or phone up NHS Direct and see what they advise.

I hope you feel better soon.

Yup what caroline said keep your fluids up hot blackurrent or lemon does me fine.Lie down and rest up pauly

get well soon xx

Thanks you two, While you're here any chance of telling my wife to stop whinging and that waiting on me hand a foot is a privelage and explain to here i'm dying lol:D

Thanks you two, While you're here any chance of telling my wife to stop whinging and that waiting on me hand a foot is a privelage and explain to here i'm dying lol:D

You have no change of that one paul im sure its YOU doing all the whinging not her.😛

Gargling with hot salty water relieves throat pain - and reactions to suggestions are a great way to differentiate between real & imagined sore throats (imagined to get sympathy and sweets!)

Gargling with hot salty water relieves throat pain - and reactions to suggestions are a great way to differentiate between real & imagined sore throats (imagined to get sympathy and sweets!)
I might try that thanks.

WIFEY bring me hot salty water NOW lol

My wife is a star really:D

I might try that thanks.

WIFEY bring me hot salty water NOW lol

My wife is a star really:D

That poor women, bring her to the brum meet she is sure to get loads of sympathy for herself 😉

Right you - no more talk of man flu talk - just do as you are told so that you are well and healthy for Saturday.

No seriously, you look after yourself, as we need you well for Saturday, looking forward to meeting you

A head cold is a bummer - so I wish you well for a speady and full recovery

See you on Saturday

I will be there saturday, even if it's only to spread germs lol. I have work tonight (dreaded night shift) So resting for too long isn't an option.

I think my hubby would like to trade places. I send him to bed, then every hour for the first three or four he gets warm tea, and then for the fourth or fifth hour het gets a lemon beechams. I'm not un sympathetic, but while he is sick in bed with man flu I can get all the downstairs housework done!

I think my hubby would like to trade places. I send him to bed, then every hour for the first three or four he gets warm tea, and then for the fourth or fifth hour het gets a lemon beechams. I'm not un sympathetic, but while he is sick in bed with man flu I can get all the downstairs housework done!
I just got a bacon sandwich delivered.

I love my wife, and promise never to deliberately fart in bed again!:D

hope your feeling better soon

when we were in wales my son had bad throat and the lady who runs the place said get some sage pour boiling water over and let it cool then gargle with that ....guess what it worked !! no antibios were required !

tut tut stinking cold and a bacon sandwitch me think she is laying it on abit thick haha.

tut tut stinking cold and a bacon sandwitch me think she is laying it on abit thick haha.

Quality care that isn't available on the NHS:D She is cooking something as we speak but as I have no sense of smell at the moment I couldn't even begin to guess what it is.

Quality care that isn't available on the NHS:D She is cooking something as we speak but as I have no sense of smell at the moment I couldn't even begin to guess what it is.

Aww diddums Paul lets hope its not rat poison you can smell 😛

I have gone from being bunged up to not be able to stop my nose running. is this good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back