I've 'GONE LIVE'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suze - be aware! - my basals changed radically just recently and I've only been live since last May.

Makes me laugh when I see what someone else takes Phil - my TDD basal is now just in excess of 9 units! - I take more bolus most days. That used to be 1u for 10g, since 2007. Now it's 1u to 11g ! As a comparison I roved between 18u and 20u of Levemir immediately prior to that, and before that 18u of Lantus. Even with the third you take off automatically when you start pumping that = 12 so that was what I started off on - 0.46u/hr. Lowest is now 0.35 ..... No pump yet made could cope with Northerner's basal !

Basal testing

http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/info/?page_id=120

Just a reminder!

Good luck with your case Katie, it took me 2/3years to get my case heard by the consultant in the first place, lots of DWED issues, denial and lack of self management, after being able to prove my shift in attitude and responsibility along with my own attempts to lower my HBA, I got my reward!!:D

David - Nice to hear that your at a similar stage to me although a little more advanced, I may pick your brains on your recent trials in the coming weeks!:confused:

Phil - oh my, the breakdown of your rates looks amazing and fine tuned! It is clear you have put in a whole load of work and that you understand your requirements. At least you are reaping the benefits. I have prepared my mindset that anything I thought my body did at set periods, will more than likely not happen and prove my previous knowledge wrong!!!🙄

You're very welcome, I will be glad to help if I can.

I have a very complicated basal rate profile as well. When the Roche rep was setting up my pump, she took my pre-pump average TDD of Humalog and Lantus and applied an algorithm devised by Roche, apparently based on an analysis of over 6000 patients, to give a range of hourly basal rates that varies through the day. I was told that this takes account of natural rhythms in insulin needs e.g. to counteract the dawn phenomenon. It sounds very complicated, but the rep handled it all.

That was what I started with, and I have since tweeked the hourly rates following basal rate profiling. I expect I will need to do some further adjustments, but at the moment I'm basking in the pleasure of relatively stable BG's - apart from the pasta, that is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back