I've been baking again

"technically" a disaster, but I do really like it lol.
Did you ever have bread pudding? The 100% stodge one .. not bread and butter pudding.
Once me and my brother discovered it, my mother had to bake one regularly, with a nice bit of fruit in it and a dollop of mixed spice.
This accidental result reminds me so much of that bread pudding - yummy :D
As a bonus - knowing I'm aiming purely for a stodgy 'fake bread pudding' I could cut more carbs off the recipe :party:

Although it has loads of fruit in it, this weighs in at 31.5 carbs, has 8.4g fibre, and only 0.5g saturated fat per 100g
It can of course be made lower carb using artificial sweetener, and tweaking the fruit or the amount of fruit used.
It does look very like bread pudding. Not my favourite dessert but my husband absolutely loves it. I am very impressed with your baking experiments. It's such a shame we can't actually taste them. I would volunteer :D

It does look very like bread pudding. Not my favourite dessert but my husband absolutely loves it. I am very impressed with your baking experiments. It's such a shame we can't actually taste them. I would volunteer :D
Thanks, hopefully my comments on potential ingredients will help out any folks considering their own bakes using their own flour/sweetener choices.

For example I would never originally have thought of dried prunes, but currents/raisins/sultanas are approx 69-74 carbs per 100g, whereas the dried prunes are approx 43 carbs per 100g (apricots approx 44). Little tweaks like that can make a big difference when adding fruit to a bake.

@everydayupsanddowns
If moderators/admin have no objection I can add a signature link to a PDF file where I can update working recipes (once I work out the kinks), and strategies to reduce available carbs. The file would include a prominent note that the recipes are reduced carb, not low carb, and could direct people to sugarfree londoner (or other) sites for specifically low carb.

Back